RRS takes out Bikers in NYC!

Nobody was hurt during the getaway, yeah, or someone was hurt during the getaway but that person would have been the one person in the bike group that started the trouble so rather then get into trouble they go home, take some pain killers and keep quiet...

So bikers surround a car and 1 biker tried brake testing the RRS and the RRS knocks him off. All the bikers go bat**** crazy at the RRS driver. So the RRS, to protect his family he drives off and the bikers go on pursuit.

They catch up with him and smash in the windows when they should clearly see that there is a women and child in the car.

Not sure on what to think about this video....

Makes me think that I would have practiced my J-turn's when they had caught up and took a few more out.

"The brawl erupted after the victim — who was driving his wife and their young child — became surrounded by a swarm of motorcycles on the highway and accidentally hit one of the bikes near W. 125th St. about 2 p.m., police said."

Is this bit in the video? Either way it's still wholly unjustified (unless it was intentional, of course).

seems about right for bikers to be smashing up expensive car rather than dealing with the guy

why is it bikers are so into criminal damage ?

Hmm, I just had a thought. Firearms are legal in the US. This changes things for me entirely.

Because?
Surrounded by 50/60 guys on bikes, only takes a few of them to get out of hand and this guy ends up in a coma, but suddenly you remember they are allowed to have bear arms and suddenly thats the point where you change?

just from watching the first 30 seconds or so it's clear the bikers have a god complex thinking that they can take up the entire road doing as they please... now this is not to say car and other road users don't do the same.... but in sheer numbers it's a lot to keep track of.

from the start you can hear bikers repeatedly using their horns... that is a HELL of a lot of potential dangers to try and be aware of/keep track of so even if the biker wasn't trying to brake test his mates all giving the tooters is a good probable cause why the first bump took place as the driver could have been trying to see if there were any other dangers and didn't count on the rider in front casually slowing down for what looks like a chat. also didn't help the lead up to that the bikers are all over the road, either side in very close proximity...even sharing the lane along side the RRS!!!

may be British thinking but aren't you supposed to give bike the same space as another car? yet they are the ones closing in on the car and themselves.

I would be pooping myself in that situation, partly because of intimidation of a hell of a lot of bikers but more importantly because there are a hell of a lot of potential hazards weaving incredibly close to my car! I've before had just 3 chavs on scooters "surround" my car when approaching a roundabout, pretty much one on each front wing and the 3rd on the back wing!!! so poor guy for having to be put in that situation to begin with!!

as for the remaining 5 mins I'll watch later...but ok he hits the guy :( combination of bad luck and the motorcyclist being to close to start and his mates creating unnecessary distractions. then the did stop and well... dunno what was said but I again would be bricking it having my car with potentially a family with me and having a lot of "potentially" angry bikers all looking at us, now I say potentially because all you can see is their eyes....

him running over the first bikes.... not the smartest of moves but I would probably try and do something similar to get away...obviously a clean get a way would have been preferable, then just report to the police after and say you were fearing for your life.

after skipping the video though some parts i've seen are not on like intentionally blocking off major roads and approaching the guys car in what looks like a heated manner and then try to open/force their way in. it's because of things like this that give a bad stigma to bikers. :(

tl : dr - situation may not have happened if the bikers we behaving a bit more orderly, personally think the guy was within his right to run due to fear but could have handled it better and the bikers were completely out of line with all of them giving chase like a vigilante mob especially trying to force entry to the car if the guy had a wife and kid in there or not!!!

*prepares to have opinions slated* :p

can note that I do have a hand full of biker friends and some look intimidating as hell but some are the nicest and most helpful people you can meet :)

Last edited:
Would do the same as the Range rover driver in that scenario. I certainly would not pull off the freeway though, I would try and out last them though, surely a RR can beat them in terms of gas mileage? Probably a stupid idea.

But yea Those bikers are turds and deserve everything they got due to their pack mentality.

I know not all bikers are like that though but my experience of bikers on the road has been bad more than good.

Sounds like a thread full of drivers who blame their lack of observational skill on the road on bikers who obviously dont come out of no where and therefore brand bikers bad

Just think what the RR driver must have done to upset that many bikers? Driving over 4-5 bikes would be a good place to start looking. RR driver is clearly a psycho who needed to be brought down a peg or two.

If a car driver drove over me or my own in the same way he did then id beleive he deserved anything the pack dished out

Sounds like a thread full of drivers who blame their lack of observational skill on the road on bikers who obviously dont come out of no where and therefore brand bikers bad

Just think what the RR driver must have done to upset that many bikers? Driving over 4-5 bikes would be a good place to start looking. RR driver is clearly a psycho who needed to be brought down a peg or two.

If a car driver drove over me or my own in the same way he did then id beleive he deserved anything the pack dished out

... and that right my friends, is called assumption.

What if you were the driver? Say you found yourself in his situation in a large pack of riders due to just joining the freeway at the wrong time. The bikers get too close to you so you beep at them to get them to back off and then the mob decends until one attacks your vehicle to get at you?

You really want to be taken down a peg or two by a group of blokes and stand no chance to defend yourself and have your wife and child watch as you are attacked in the street unable to help and at risk them selves?

You are unbelievable if you think that!

Have you not read this thread at all? Or even watched the video very closely?

It's a confusing video, but from what people are saying its basically a mob of thug bikers looking for trouble, and found it. Shame the RR didn't have a firearm, its exactly that kind of situation that I can see why people love guns in America, and I hate guns.

What if you were the driver?

I wouldnt have been driving so close to the bikes to endanger them and cause one of them to brake test me. I also would have been driving so close to them that when i was brake test, i failed the test and drove into the back of them.

Say you found yourself in his situation in a large pack of riders due to just joining the freeway at the wrong time. The bikers get too close to you so you beep at them to get them to back off and then the mob decends until one attacks your vehicle to get at you?

You dont know that happened, you dont know that in the same way as i dont know the RR driver was in the middle of the group, got impatient because he couldnt drive in the middle lane, started to muscle his way through and upset someone by driving dangerously close.

But look at it in terms of whats actually plausible. A group of bikers out on a meet decided to brake test and go Road Rash on a RR for fun.

Or the RR driver was impatient, driving like a tool (you never seen a RR driven completely obliviously?)

It highly unlikely that the RR driver was reasonable/rational, he drove over a pile of bikes with no regard as to whether riders were there

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom