• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 4070 12GB, is it Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was just @Nexus18 buying and cancelling a few times out of angst :p

big-hug.gif

Given the disappointment of the 4070 and the RX7000 series over all, unless the 7800XT or 7700XT are stellar cards, would a 6750XT be the best stop gap card until the next generation? I am on a 1070 so anything is an upgrade.

Looking at the following.

I thought about a 6800, but the cheapest is, close to the cost or the same as a 6800XT.

The saving would be £131 and could put this aside, along with the rest of my GPU fund, for a better card next Gen.

Last edited:
Given the disappointment of the 4070 and the RX7000 series over all, unless the 7800XT or 7700XT are stellar cards, would a 6750XT be the best stop gap card until the next generation? I am on a 1070 so anything is an upgrade.

I thought about a 6800, but the cheapest is, close to the cost or the same as a 6800XT.

The saving would be £131 and along with the savings of buying a last gen card, could put aside alongwith the rest of my GPU fund for a better card next Gen.

The 6800XT was $649, its got to be better than that and if it is its better than the 4070, the only question after that is price.

IMO = to 6900XT at $549, anything less than that and its DOA anyway....

For a stop gap card I would get this, https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asro...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-00m-ak.html, https://youtu.be/n3gh0By11jo?t=369

It is the reference board with a lot better cooler, I understand. You will like the AMD software and its easy to change the fan curve in it to make it run even quieter. If AMD get fsr3 working on the 6700xt it will be even better
Like the look of that card, but notice £25 cashback on the Asus 6750XT, so price difference not as great.

The saving would be £131 and could put this aside, along with the rest of my GPU fund, for a better card next Gen.
I just bought the strix card but have sent it back as the coil whine was unbearable. Didn't see the point in spending more for the 6800 and above.

Pulled the trigger on the FE. Seems to be the most solid at msrp, tends to be top of benchmarks too and it’s tiny which is cool. Plus the FE cooler is reliable in my experience and aesthetically tasty.

Was planning to wait till summer and grab a 7900xt under £700 but I’ll be mainly playing Diablo 4 and DLSS3 looks too good to pass up.

Playing 1440/165hz but with gsync anything over 100 feels solid and I hope this card can achieve that despite the limited vram.

Pulled the trigger on the FE. Seems to be the most solid at msrp, tends to be top of benchmarks too and it’s tiny which is cool. Plus the FE cooler is reliable in my experience and aesthetically tasty.

Was planning to wait till summer and grab a 7900xt under £700 but I’ll be mainly playing Diablo 4 and DLSS3 looks too good to pass up.

Playing 1440/165hz but with gsync anything over 100 feels solid and I hope this card can achieve that despite the limited vram.
If game like Diablo 4 cannot be played smoothly with 100+ fps without DLSS mid to high-end cards, then the PC gaming scene might as well be dead and buried and everyone should just get a console...

Hopefully it stays in stock so nvidia reconsider their pricing. AMD are watching, maybe they will seize the chance .

lol the 4080 has never been out of stock, you see that price drop? All amd have is some extra vram, circa 6800xt performance for probably, £500 - £600. With inferior upscaling and RT and no frame gen, sound appealing?

lol the 4080 has never been out of stock, you see that price drop? All amd have is some extra vram, circa 6800xt performance for probably, £500 - £600. With inferior upscaling and RT and no frame gen, sound appealing?
If AMD get their frame gen (FSR3) to work on 6000 series AMD and Nvidia 2000/3000 series, that will be appealing to me. Would love to see how a 3060 12Gb performs with frame gen v the 4060ti/4060, the 3060 will be able to use texture packs that they can't because of its 12GB vram

The 6950 has come down as low as £612.

So if AMD releases anything with worse performance at £550-600 people won't buy it.

Though given the state of things it would not completely surprise me if it happened

Looking at where other cards land it should do though it looks like the game likes bandwidth with the 3080 10gb almost matching a 4070ti.

Don't think you need DLSS3 with even cards like a 3070 pretty much maxing the frame rate.

Screenshot-541.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom