• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 4070 12GB, is it Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 6950 has come down as low as £612.

So if AMD releases anything with worse performance at £550-600 people won't buy it.

Though given the state of things it would not completely surprise me if it happened

You can’t compare dumping prices to new prices.

6950’s are been dumped at huge discounts, which is miles below the MSRP.

I would personally love to see AMD rebrand the 6950XT as 7800 XT with a $649 price tag as they’d literally sell thousands of them, but whether the 7800 XT is all new or a rebranded 6950 is total unknown.

At same time don’t be disappointed at all if the card was $699 or $599 it’s an unknown depending on how aggressive AMD want to be if they can produce volume or not.

I would personally love to see AMD rebrand the 6950XT as 7800 XT with a $649 price tag as they’d literally sell thousands of them, but whether the 7800 XT is all new or a rebranded 6950 is total unknown.

At same time don’t be disappointed at all if the card was $699 or $599 it’s an unknown depending on how aggressive AMD want to be if they can produce volume or not.
If the 7800XT comes in at £600 and doesn't at least match a 6950XT then it'll pretty much be DOA like the 4070.

Looking at where other cards land it should do though it looks like the game likes bandwidth with the 3080 10gb almost matching a 4070ti.

Don't think you need DLSS3 with even cards like a 3070 pretty much maxing the frame rate.

Screenshot-541.png

My experience with D3 is that it can be CPU heavy too.

Poland leading the way again.

The less you buy the more you save? If this drops closer to £450 it will be OK value.

Last edited:
I guess they can't officially drop the price too quickly, or they will end up royally ******* off the people who have already bought one.

Looking at stock levels for the Gainward and Palit models etc on other sites certainly isnt a pretty picture for Nvidia though....hundreds and hundreds of them.

Last edited:

Its equivalent to an RX 6800XT, ironically that is still at its full MSRP and its often cheaper.

Seriously both AMD and Nvidia are not making it easy for me to give them my money.....

First to drop theirs to a reasonable price gets my money, go.....

Last edited:
Star Wars likes big vram and I can't deny

Allocating 18GB, but also it looks like it's ridiculously CPU heavy. The guys 5900x is only good enough to drive 40% usage on the rtx4090 at 1440p

Apparently there are performance improvements to come, however, the game seems to signal the end of 4 & 6GB vram cards though from any vendor if you want to meet minimum specs, https://youtu.be/oH0UkA7eoCk
I would be interested to also know how much SAM/rebar is helping AMD v Nvidia
Recommended class is a 70 class, ie 6700xt, so 4070 might be the minumum class Nvidia card to aim for, might this game signal the increase of 4070 sales to play games at recommended settings going forward?

Last edited:
Apparently there are performance improvements to come, however, the game seems to signal the end of 4 & 6GB vram cards though from any vendor if you want to meet minimum specs, https://youtu.be/oH0UkA7eoCk
I would be interested to also know how much SAM/rebar is helping AMD v Nvidia
Recommended class is a 70 class, ie 6700xt, so 4070 might be the minumum class Nvidia card to aim for, might this game signal the increase of 4070 sales to play games at recommended settings going forward?

It will be interesting to see if the RTX3060 12GB is relatively OK.

It will be interesting to see if the RTX3060 12GB is relatively OK.
It certainly exceeds minimum specs by a fair margin, it might perform better than the 4060/4060ti at 1440p. At this moment in time I would be seriously wondering if a 3060 will be more future proof than the 4060 and how often have we wondered if a new gen card of the same class is going to be a worse buy than the old gen card?

It certainly exceeds minimum specs by a fair margin, it might perform better than the 4060/4060ti at 1440p. At this moment in time I would be seriously wondering if a 3060 will be more future proof than the 4060 and how often have we wondered if a new gen card of the same class is going to be a worse buy than the old gen card?

With the 3060 beating the 3070 in certain cases, that is almost certainly going to be the case.

It will be bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom