• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3900X thread

is there anybody running the 3900x with the Mini ITX Aorus x570 pro wifi? i think im about to purchase one as ive had a few more issues with the MSI b450. And im unsure if its best to use an offset for the voltages etc. . ?

Thank you :)
Have to give a try as my ram can do 4133C17 on the Z370 platform and can do 3800C16 & 3866C16 easily. 3800C14 while can be done some times is unstable, so something is just amiss to get to the holy grail of 3800C14 :D

If I can put together a similar set of settings like yours, maybe could be able to push it correctly :)
Here you go fella, I started with these and then lowered a few of them over time a tiny bit like the trfc and trc

fqot5Jp.jpg

I wonder if someone could answer a small q for me?

When loading all the cores of my 3900x, I see a max boost of 3.9Ghz (all core). After looking in Ryzen master I see TDC hitting 100% (95 A TDC, and 140 A for EDC), nothing else. Atm im using a X370 board - Gigabyte Gaming K5 (which isnt ideal) which im guessing that is limiting the power? If I upgrade to a X570 board later will the TDC and EDC values increase, and hence my max boost clock? Ive been looking at something like the Gigabyte X570 Pro.

many thanks,

Think I may have a decent chip on my hands?

43x multiplier at 1.3v set in BIOS. This gives a vcore of 1.275 sitting at windows desktop and 1.181 under load (Cinebench r20) according to HWiNFO64. Ryzen Master shows peak core(s) voltage as 1.1

Stupid question time. How do I fix my clocks in game? With the 4.3 all core overclock set Ryzen Master is still showing cores sleeping on the desktop. A run of Cinebench R20 will have them all at 4.3Ghz but under gaming the clocks are varying and not getting close to 4.3Ghz. Are there some power states I need to disable in the BIOS? I've tried disabling all C states and AMD Cool and Quite but no difference.

Stupid question time. How do I fix my clocks in game? With the 4.3 all core overclock set Ryzen Master is still showing cores sleeping on the desktop. A run of Cinebench R20 will have them all at 4.3Ghz but under gaming the clocks are varying and not getting close to 4.3Ghz. Are there some power states I need to disable in the BIOS? I've tried disabling all C states and AMD Cool and Quite but no difference.
If you are all core oc, you need to disable the pbo in the bios my friend

^ Surely that defeats the object of going for an all core overclock. Made a quick video to show what I mean. Now you don't see it in this as I'm not in VR so I could record it easily, but when I am the games (Assetto Corsa Competizione) render thread is getting maxed out yet my clock speeds are below 4.3Ghz. Completely different behaviour to my old i7 4930K and very frustrating.

Yeah, my all core 4400MHz overclock holds at all workloads. If it did not it would not manage to get the scores it does on Cinebench and Blender Benchmark which is a lot longer. Gaming is no way near as stressful as Blender so no problems there what so ever for me.

Back
Top Bottom