• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3900X thread

Soldato
As per sig...corsair 780T with just the stock fans running for now...more on the way :)

forgot to say that its 24.5c in my man cave...7x rx580 mining rig heats it up a lot...

temps climbing...78c... as at 4250MHz i had to bump up vcore a few notches to get it to run more than 10 loops....1.275 in bios but showing 1.25v in hwinfo but 1.29 in open hardware monitor...which one is the correct one?
Guessing open hw monitor.

Go easy..... i haven't done this for 9 years since i got the 2600K :)

Happy days :)
Is the all core boost just for fun? You might lose out in games etc. I see some cores easily boost to 4600 when playing pubg and other multiplayers.

Soldato
Is the all core boost just for fun? You might lose out in games etc. I see some cores easily boost to 4600 when playing pubg and other multiplayers.

Have you tried overclocking with the hyperthreading turned off?

Most games don't use hyperthreading plus they only utilize 4 cores normally....

Came across this guide where he turns of HT so he can clock higher then uses software to set affinity so the game has 4 dedicated cores and windows 2 dedicated cores.

Gave it a go in cod warzone and got a fair boost our of it...47FPS to 57 FPS (roughly) at 4k with highish settings (choppy though...vega not a 4k card)...though i tried it with only 6 cores enabled...cod wr only used 3 cores properly with the 4th at about 50%

running cinebench r20 just now with HT off and its a 20c temp drop :)

and 2000 point drop of course....

Man of Honour
@Brizzles that ram is loose. Your trfc is huge.

Its CAS18 , 18.22.22.42.64
its currently running at 1usmus dram settings for CAS16

Yeh, i noticed the elephant in the room, but lowering it causes issues.

Any suggestions ?

Already at 1.4v, don't really want to go higher for the sake of a few points on CB.
Setting tRFC to AUTO also results in 630
Setting tRFC to 312 ( the cas18 default ) won't even post into BIOS

Even FAST suggested settings only drops tRFC to 560

SNKiAV0.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Just realised I have Micron B memory and not Samsung, it's unsupported by dram calculator.

Explains why I had to clear cmos. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Ah ok , was just in case you might of missed it :)

Actually 3466 give me the below but only for safe, anything higher is not supported apparently... :confused::confused::confused:

MEM.png

Soldato
The biggest reason for me is noise levels, the stock cooler is great at cooling (relatively speaking) but it keeps ramping up and down and is too noisy for me, the Noctua is so much quieter, only issue is RAM clearance for tall sticks.
What motherboard you got mate I'm looking at getting a decent cooler instead of stock because of the noise I'm useing gigabyte x570 elite on this build

Back
Top Bottom