• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN DDR4 MEMORY, WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!

Associate
Yeah seems to run straight out of the box, can use the DOCP standard profile also. I bumped my CPU multiplier up to 3.5ghz and no issues at all. Just playing around with it rather than trying to push it.

Given all the stories of bricked motherboards and issues getting memory to run this has all been a pleasant surprise! I am amazed at how well the 1700 runs (I was running an fx8350 for a lot of years and it did well!),
temps sitting around 20 degrees idle / 35 degrees with p95 running, stock wraith cooler is decent too, quiet and it lights up :)

Have you had any joy with the asus fan xpert? It seemed to work on the 702 bios then when I ran it with the 1001 bios it wouldn't lower the speed of any of the fans. (yet the bios does this no problem)

http://valid.x86.fr/k8rebc

Associate
Hi everyone! I am new on Overclockers forum, but was following different release threads for sometime.
I have ordered my component from OcUK previously and now have received 1800x AMD Ryzen, Asus C6H and Corsair 32GB 3000MHz Memory kits 2x16GB on the 15th of March. The only thing is left is AM4 bracket from Corsair for my Corsair H105. Just wanted to say thank you to OcUK customer support for giving an updates about my order! Following this thread and other forums, I have realized that AMD does not support memory with 3000Mhz and 3400Mhz speeds. In theory I should be able to set the speed to 2666MHz and it will be fine, but wanted to confirm that this will work with you guys.

Associate
You should be fine at 2666. Would be unlucky if you couldn't run at that but its worth trying a higher speed just to see if it works if you are happy with clearing the bios if it doesn't post. Also make sure you update to the latest bios.

Soldato
Hi everyone! I am new on Overclockers forum, but was following different release threads for sometime.
I have ordered my component from OcUK previously and now have received 1800x AMD Ryzen, Asus C6H and Corsair 32GB 3000MHz Memory kits 2x16GB on the 15th of March. The only thing is left is AM4 bracket from Corsair for my Corsair H105. Just wanted to say thank you to OcUK customer support for giving an updates about my order! Following this thread and other forums, I have realized that AMD does not support memory with 3000Mhz and 3400Mhz speeds. In theory I should be able to set the speed to 2666MHz and it will be fine, but wanted to confirm that this will work with you guys.

I can boot at 2933 with 3000mhz sticks with the same board. I'm using 2x8gb so yours may differ. Bios updates improve things all the time though.

Associate
You should be fine at 2666. Would be unlucky if you couldn't run at that but its worth trying a higher speed just to see if it works if you are happy with clearing the bios if it doesn't post. Also make sure you update to the latest bios.
Thank you for your reply badgeruk, I am fine with BIOS, but not very good with hardware installation due to a weakness in my right hand and have to ask a local PC service shop to install hardware for me. I will have to decide what to do this week, because I can return this memory kit as unwanted and be on a safe side or wait until bracket arrives and upgrade hardware. I am a bit confused with 3000MHz and 3400MHz because AMD announced that they are working on 2933MHz speed support but recommend 2666MHz and 3200MHz, hopefully it is just a matter of BIOS updates.

I can boot at 2933 with 3000mhz sticks with the same board. I'm using 2x8gb so yours may differ. Bios updates improve things all the time though.
That is the thing, I would not worry if I was upgrading to 8GB/16GB, but 32GB memory kits support is not so clear.

Soldato
I have a Ryzen 1700X, Asus PRIME X370 Pro, 32GB Team Group Night Hawk 32GB, DDR4 3000MHz.

I can confirm the board will not post if I try to set higher than 2666MHz. It has been working fine at that speed for now on BIOS 0502.

DO NOT update to 0504 BIOS, it reports CPU temps 20c higher than they are, causing CPU fans to ramp up unnecessarily.

Soldato
Thats what I thought but it does appear to be right, Ryzen master lists the temperature and the cpu cooler is not hot to touch (about as technical as you can get lol) My previous cpu would have been up over 70 degrees with this workload (FX8350)

http://imgur.com/a/nmWvV - theres some images of my temp testing

Well those temps are obviously wrong. Idle temps of <18C should give that away.

What motherboard are you using?

The R7 1700 should also be boosting to 3200mhz.

Back
Top Bottom