• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN DDR4 MEMORY, WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!

Associate
So that doesn't work for me. Somehow it passes the values to uefi for booting with - went through mem learning bootloop then just booted with my original settings which had not been touched.

Soldato
So that doesn't work for me. Somehow it passes the values to uefi for booting with - went through mem learning bootloop then just booted with my original settings which had not been touched.

That's how I recall it behaving when tried it once before - I didn't see the point at all and never used it since.

If it applied the settings immediately, fine, otherwise it's actually quicker just using the bios

Soldato
I fear to ask, but do we have any news on the (bios?) updates that will sort out high memory frequencies yet? I'm holding off purchase because I know I need 32gb and I want it to be as 2x16 at that.

If I'd be relegated to low speeds, I may favour an i7 instead :/

Soldato
Definitely. But by how much, we don't know. I think most people's hopes is to get 3200MHz CL14 more easily achievable and better compatibility with ICs, 4 DIMMS and Dual Rank.

Yeah I think 3200 CL14 is the sweet spot at the moment. I'm just hoping for better memory dividers, increasing bclk isn't ideal for me.

Soldato
Yeah I think 3200 CL14 is the sweet spot at the moment. I'm just hoping for better memory dividers, increasing bclk isn't ideal for me.

Agreed, I'd love to hit 3000 on ram without bclock.

Speaking of bclock, I could only seem to get it to work if I used the docp profiles.

Trying to set bclock manually just resulted in black screen and no post. Not even the usual start/stop.

But I haven't taken much time to get familiar with it.

I'm happy it's running 4ghz /3ghz for now, even if it is using bclock.

Soldato
Agreed, I'd love to hit 3000 on ram without bclock.

Speaking of bclock, I could only seem to get it to work if I used the docp profiles.

Trying to set bclock manually just resulted in black screen and no post. Not even the usual start/stop.

But I haven't taken much time to get familiar with it.

I'm happy it's running 4ghz /3ghz for now, even if it is using bclock.

That is strange. I've found I can only use blck with high timings. Not tried with this ram set yet, going to have a play now I think.

Associate
Running the GA-AX370-Gaming K7 (F3 BIOS) with Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 (2x 16GB sticks) is working great with the 1800X at 2933mhz by just switching XMP on.

These stick use 2 ranks, 16 banks.

Been running 24/7 for 3 days now benching/gaming and its been rock solid :D

Soldato
Running the GA-AX370-Gaming K7 (F3 BIOS) with Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 (2x 16GB sticks) is working great with the 1800X at 2933mhz by just switching XMP on.

These stick use 2 ranks, 16 banks.

Been running 24/7 for 3 days now benching/gaming and its been rock solid :D

Go away!

:D

Associate
Guess I got lucky thankfully as I was worried as the RAM is fast as well as dual rank which is not a great combo at the moment. Kept the RAM at the default 2133 while I updated to the the BIOS, turned XMP on and hoped it would boot even. Was surprised how easy I had it :D

Soldato
Guess I got lucky thankfully as I was worried as the RAM is fast as well as dual rank which is not a great combo at the moment. Kept the RAM at the default 2133 while I updated to the the BIOS, turned XMP on and hoped it would boot even. Was surprised how easy I had it :D

I thought I had it easy when I moved to the crosshair - took no time at all getting 4ghz cpu and 3ghz ram using docp profile which changed bclock.

Had successfully run all sorts of benchmarks including occt linpack, aida64, etc.

But last night got blue screen playing call of duty... Then it just kept restarting at post.

Soldato
I thought I had it easy when I moved to the crosshair - took no time at all getting 4ghz cpu and 3ghz ram using docp profile which changed bclock.

Had successfully run all sorts of benchmarks including occt linpack, aida64, etc.

But last night got blue screen playing call of duty... Then it just kept restarting at post.

Ive had that also. Any oc fail ends up getting stuck in a post loop. Try increasing your ram voltage.

Back
Top Bottom