** SAMSUNG 4K 240/165HZ ODYSSEY NEO G8/G7 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Soldato
That's the biggest Samsung sales pitch yet. He didn't mention any of the issues\shortcomings. Hurry up Rtings and Hardware unboxed with their reviews.

He did clearly say its a sponsored video and sponsored videos aren't actually reviews, they are product showcases where the video is all about talking about the product features the manufacturer pays them to talk about.

In a perfect world, no self respecting youtube tech channel would be doing sponsored videos for any products, but they want the money

OcUK Staff
OP
@NikTheSHNIK If it is possible can you please give a little more information on the warranty of the monitors. The US site says 1 year labour and parts. But wondered if it was different in the UK. And I can’t even see the monitors on the Samsung UK site. Thank you.

Warranty is 2 years.

I was informed Wednesday (13/07/2022) that the ETA to the distributor was 15/07/2022. I emailed all with pre-orders this info.

I can't see that the distributor received them today (15/07/2022), so i expect them to be delayed.

I'll chase up the stock/ETA on Monday 18/07/2022 and email all pre-orders with an update.

Soldato
Tempting again, I prefer OLED but those choices are very limited. I can get a discount through work so would be G8 for £1169 or G7 for £1034. Still, seems a lot when the Alienware OLED jobby can be had for under a grand. Can't see the point in the G8 either as I doubt my PC will get near that.

Edit: Just saw Vegas comparison with the C2, absolutely no chance. Yet the C2 is apparently 'poor' according to some users.

Last edited:
Soldato
So the g8 Is pretty much what people expected, slightly higher refresh but horrible scannlines.

Samsung shot themselves in the foot, doesn't make sense to buy the g8 over the g7 especially since to get rid of the scanlines on the g8 you have to lock the monitor to 120hz while the g7 is scan line free at 165hz

Associate
So the g8 Is pretty much what people expected, slightly higher refresh but horrible scannlines.

Samsung shot themselves in the foot, doesn't make sense to buy the g8 over the g7 especially since to get rid of the scanlines on the g8 you have to lock the monitor to 120hz while the g7 is scan line free at 165hz
There has been reports of scanlines on the Neo G7 as well. On certain shades of blue and orange. There is a couple of members of the monitors discord that posted up about them. It is rarer but does still happen.

I think it is just a flaw of the Samsung VA monitors.

Associate
Such a shame about the G8, maybe some improvements can be made in future firmware updates but for now it's off my list :(
I agree that on paper it sounded amazing but when it comes down to it Samsung keep letting themselves down. They really need to sort their QC out and start looking at fixing their bad reputation when it comes to monitors.

Back
Top Bottom