Samsung NC10

Associate
AAAAARRRRRGHHHHHHH!!!!!

Im going to be selling my NC10 as its not used as much as I thought it would be.

I have just searched high and low for the blue reinstall disk, but cant find it :(

I do have the purple one though.

I think whats happend is I have thrown the XP disk out thining it was a driver disk for a samsung syncmaster monitor.

Is there anyway of getting a replacement?

(PS- Please check back towards the start of this thread - I do have an NC10 and im not just out for a free copy of windows!)

EDIT - Should have said It has been running win 7 RC and thats why I need the original disk

EDIT 2 - Do i remember reading about a recovery partition?

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone know if you can alter the brightness for the webcam?

I got all the above drivers installed, its just web cam always comes up a little dark.

Any ideas?

Does anyone know if this is possible?

EDIT

After a lot of searching around I found the software for the cam that gives you all the brightness/colour + lots more. Works good in W7.

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone know if this is possible?

EDIT

After a lot of searching around I found the software for the cam that gives you all the brightness/colour + lots more. Works good in W7.

Might be useful for others if you could provide a link or an indication of what this software is?

Permabanned
I have Windows 7 on my NC10 and have installed all the windows 7 Drivers from the Samsung website, but i cant get that Battery Manager to install correctly.. Its the program when you can choose brightness of your screen and how much power you are using etc, i cant get it to work with windows 7..

Soldato
Do you guys find these laptops adequate for web design?

I have my old shuttle that was top stuff back in the day! (3ghz p4, 1gb ram, 9800pro running off my 32" hd screen, only 720 resolution.

Would these run dreamweaver, fireworks, firefox okay?

The reason i ask is because i'm really getting into web design and want to get rid of the shuttle and use the laptop primarily.

Sorry it's taken so long for me to find this, I'll pm you aswell in case you miss it. :p

Yes it works fine, I've been using mine at work for a while now, running Photoshop and Dreamweaver CS3 along side each other. It's a little sluggish at times, but most of the time it's fine, but I've only been working with fairly simple web images. (Upto about 10mb).

The resolution doesn't make too much of a difference, but when testing in firefox I recommend a plugin called NoSquint, which allows you to zoom in and out of web pages. (Also saves your preferences, which is brilliant for sites like forums that you use all the times. On this one for instance, I have it set to 85%.)

But yeh, works fine, I use it at Uni aswell and we've just built another site on it in our group assignment.

---------

SO THEN! The reason I came in, I have a lisence for 32bit Windows 7 i got free through the loverly people at Sheffield Hallam University. How do I get it into the netbook?

Also, can someone with 7 on an NC10 grab me a screenshot? I'm just worried about the size of the task bar, as I like having as much free space as possible.

Cheers guys!

Man of Honour
I dont suppose anyone knows where I can get a replacement UK keyboard? If not there are US keyboards on ebay for around £20, is there anything I should be weary of here.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Man of Honour
A UK one is preferred but yeah im not too fussed if its US, being that its considerably cheaper.

I use a US keyboard on the PC at home anyway and a Spanish one (i think it is?) here at work! :p

Soldato

I used this last night to install the Win 7 Professional Upgrade (student) on the NC10. Easy process:

1) use IMGBURN to take an iso if your DVD.
2) Download tool above
3) Install it
4) Plug in a 4GB or higher USB stick into the PC on which you installed the Win 7 USB creator tool
5) Run the program pointing it to the .iso file you created and the USB drive you have in your machine.
6) take USB stick and boot from it on your NC10.
7) Install away!!!

Everything works fine although I'm yet to find the Samsung Easy Battery Manager app for Win 7. I've installed it off the Samsung site, but it adds Samsung power profiles to Windows Power applet and doesn't give you the neat Samsung applet you see in XP (which I'd like to be honest)

I like Win 7 on it. Seems faster than XP for me with 2GB RAM.

Back
Top Bottom