Samsung Odyssey 49" OLED G9 G95SC

Associate
OP
When I use displayport and go to advanced display I see peak brightness of 800 nits do the same mini hdmi and it reports 10,000

Edit to say did some calibration adjustments and it now says 1,000 for display port.

- link says the following

for those using OLED G9, switch over to HDMI 2.1 (12 bit + 240hz)
Wasn't aware that Samsung brought over DSC so HDMI 2.1 is now able to run 240hz + 12 bit. After switching over from DP 1.4 there was a huge difference for me in terms of color

Last edited:
Associate
OP
When I use displayport and go to advanced display I see peak brightness of 800 nits do the same mini hdmi and it reports 10,000

Edit to say did some calibration adjustments and it now says 1,000 for display port.

Wasn't aware that Samsung brought over DSC so HDMI 2.1 is now able to run 240hz + 12 bit. After switching over from DP 1.4 there was a huge difference for me in terms of color
To quote myself reconnected mini hdmi did the calibration and got a max of 410 this time... not sure what the randomness is there in results.

Caporegime

Thanks for the info, I suspected it would utilise the extra (double) bandwidth somehow! Does it come with a miniHDMI-to-HDMI cable?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Got the system calibrated now with the display guys icc profile, probably worth the £1 spent to get some initial settings going that have been tested :)

sure someone will share them for free, but he spent the time to make the video and produce those settings so only fair to help out :)

Last edited:
Associate
DAM:

Samsung 57" 8K Ultra HD 240Hz 1ms GTG Curved VA LED FreeSync Gaming Monitor (LS57CG952NNXZA) - Black/White​

So looking through the specs:

• 1xDP, 3x HDMI is nice I guess but lack of USB-C is disappointing.
  • Weight is pretty massive. It's 15.4 kilos without stand, whereas the older Neo G9 is 11.9 kg. I have no idea what VESA arm would support this. I wonder if we will see specific models from Ergotron for this.
Otherwise doesn't really reveal anything new.

I hope it releases worldwide around the same time. I hope in EU the price is under 3000 euros with VAT.
wow, that's one pricey meatball!

Caporegime
DAM:

Samsung 57" 8K Ultra HD 240Hz 1ms GTG Curved VA LED FreeSync Gaming Monitor (LS57CG952NNXZA) - Black/White​

• Weight is pretty massive. It's 15.4 kilos without stand, whereas the older Neo G9 is 11.9 kg. I have no idea what VESA arm would support this. I wonder if we will see specific models from Ergotron for this.

I hope it releases worldwide around the same time. I hope in EU the price is under 3000 euros with VAT.
cHONKY BOI!!!! Dat res :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
OP
DAM:

This is the monitor the 4090 doesn't support at native resolution right? Which ruled out my interest.

Associate
DAM:

Hi, not sure what the etiquette here is but would it be worth putting this information on this thread as it's very useful information:

Samsung 57" thread

Back
Top Bottom