Samsung Odyssey 49" OLED G9 G95SC

Soldato
I've just bought it. £1399 Now I'll have to arrange to send back my AW3423DWF I just bought last week. Will I be ok to do that with DELL?

Well I've started a return with DELL so I hope this G9 is worth it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Anyone have a meter to take measurements?
Only upto 12inches :(

edit - Found this;

Last edited:
Soldato
Is anyone concerned about HDR on this panel? Seems it's no where near 1000nits. My current AW3423DWF has better brightness I'm hoping I won't miss that. Saying that when I took the AW3423DWF out of the box my other half said that is tiny lol compared to my older LG 38 inch ultra gear monitor lol.

Associate
Is anyone concerned about HDR on this panel? Seems it's no where near 1000nits. My current AW3423DWF has better brightness I'm hoping I won't miss that. Saying that when I took the AW3423DWF out of the box my other half said that is tiny lol compared to my older LG 38 inch ultra gear monitor lol.

This is why i was curious if anyone has a meter to get readings.

I'm wondering if Samsung has it clamped to HDR400 True Black specs and you're not getting highlights beyond that. Also would like to see full field readings over time to ensure there's no ASBL.

Like the AW, there should ideally be a 400 and 1000 mode which is user toggled and there should be no ASBL.

Last edited:
Associate
OP

When I did the hdr calibration in the windows app recommended it was giving me about 900 nits with display port for the white Cross to disappear and over 2000 with mini hdmi. I don't know why there was such a dramatic difference.

Last edited:
Associate
I love this monitor!!
So I've taken down my LG ultragear 38" and ultragear 27" 4k monitor and plonked this very crudely on my desk for the minute. Setup was quick and easy, love the dual picture display, using it now for work and TV.

I fired up a few games last night (Hogwarts, Alien Dark Decent, Overwatch), Game mode enabled, HDR in windows on and oh boy it was immediately noticeable how the colours popped, the blacks nice a deep, the shadows detailed...just amazing. I actually feel the quality of resolution is a step up from the LG 38" oddly. Surprised I didn't see a real difference losing the extra vertical res from the LG.

Associate
OP
I'm torn on this monitor due to hdr looking amazing in some games (Red Dead Redemption 2, The Ascent, The Division 2) and awful in others (F1 2023) haven't had a chance to try FH5 as my game won't boot up for some reason. Would have been a great one to try out.

So it feels like its game specific whether it actually looks any good.

Might reset my settings when I'm home tonight and work from there again.

I also need to try the monitor with pixel shifting turned off and see if I notice a performance difference there in general use. As some times text was getting quite unreadable and I'm not sure if it was pixel shifting or something else, this was specifically against a white background.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just bought it. £1399 Now I'll have to arrange to send back my AW3423DWF I just bought last week. Will I be ok to do that with DELL?

What primarily made you decide to sell the Dell 34” and go for this instead ?

I currently have a ~9 year old 34” ultrawide and I’m tempted to switch to one of these when I build a new PC so would be keen to hear your thoughts when it arrives.

Last edited:
Soldato
What primarily made you decide to sell the Dell 34” and go for this instead ?

I currently have a ~9 year old 34” ultrawide and I’m tempted to switch to one of these when I build a new PC so would be keen to hear your thoughts when it arrives.
Probably because of size and I originally wanted the G8 but went for Aw3423dwf because of good reputation/price. Also this has the res I think looks great on the Aw3423dwf which I have to use dldsr in games. So I've decided this is the one and sending back the old one back to Dell.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom