Samsung Odyssey 49" OLED G9 G95SC

Associate
I'm tempted to get this as I can get it for just over 1300 but I only have a 3060ti which I assume will struggle to run anything at a decent frame rate.

Are they making any smaller versions of this monitor or using this technology in like a 27 or 34 inch?

Associate
OP
Don't know if anyone else has tried it yet but playback on amazon prime app videos was fine and playback via pc but disney plus app on the monitor feels like its playing at a higher refresh rate (monitors) than intended and the picture quality seems off.

Maybe something to do with my settings.

Also ran into issues running nvidia reflex settings on a lot of games at the native resolution of the monitor (would drop gpu utilisation down dramatically) across a variety of games, the boost setting giving the most issues.

And in some games I was unable to boot them or they'd keep crashing since the change of monitor but gave me no issues beforehand (The Witcher 3 and FH5)

There could be some other settings causing my issues, but didn't have the time to try and see if anyone had issues like this for the resolution.

In other cases the games run flawlessly from the get go, and are at 99% or 100% utilisation.

FIFA, The Ascent, Red Dead Redemption 2.

Last edited:
Associate
Just ordered this and managed to stack the codes, at 1199 that seems to be a decent price to pay :D I will pick up a good quality displayport cable capable of 240Hz as well. Just need a new GPU to drive it now :cool:

Can any users let me know if the displayport connection to the monitor is normal size or the mini variety ?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just ordered this and managed to stack the codes, at 1199 that seems to be a decent price to pay :D I will pick up a good quality displayport cable capable of 244Hz as well. Just need a new GPU to drive it now :cool:

Can any users let me know if the displayport connection to the monitor is normal size or the mini variety ?
Normal display port and comes with the display port cable capable of 8k resolution and of course 240 frames for the monitors resolution. Also came with a hdmi mini cable.

Last edited:
Associate
Don't know if anyone else has tried it yet but playback on amazon prime app videos was fine and playback via pc but disney plus app on the monitor feels like its playing at a higher refresh rate (monitors) than intended and the picture quality seems off.

Maybe something to do with my settings.

Also ran into issues running nvidia reflex settings on a lot of games at the native resolution of the monitor (would drop gpu utilisation down dramatically) across a variety of games, the boost setting giving the most issues.

And in some games I was unable to boot them or they'd keep crashing since the change of monitor but gave me no issues beforehand (The Witcher 3 and FH5)

There could be some other settings causing my issues, but didn't have the time to try and see if anyone had issues like this for the resolution.

In other cases the games run flawlessly from the get go, and are at 99% or 100% utilisation.

FIFA, The Ascent, Red Dead Redemption 2.
Regarding the disney plus issue, have you tried playback via the website rather than the app to see if that behaves in the same way?

Associate
OP
Regarding the disney plus issue, have you tried playback via the website rather than the app to see if that behaves in the same way?

I'll try that when I'm home, it uses built in Samsung browser though probably.

Regardless watching content on it away from pc isn't ideal. Feels like that side of the monitor Is better suited for normal TV oleds once you're out of the menu experience.

Associate
Just tried ordering another G9 but I can't get them to stack using Edge. Says I can't apply multiply codes. Although I'm happy at the price I paid but the extra discount would have been nice if it's an extra £200 off.

Just had mine delivered - will setup later. Intresting to see how to performs compared from my LG Ultragear 38"

Last edited:
Associate
I'll try that when I'm home, it uses built in Samsung browser though probably.

Regardless watching content on it away from pc isn't ideal. Feels like that side of the monitor Is better suited for normal TV oleds once you're out of the menu experience.
Is it possible to try watching it via chrome and see if you get the same oddity?

Associate
Tried everything to get that code to stack, I’m seriously tempted as I love my original G9.
What's the issue you're having?

Works fine for me in Chrome, you add the 200 voucher first, then on the same mini popup window add the second code.

Screenshot-2023-06-27-at-16.58.33.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom