Samsung Odyssey 49" OLED G9 G95SC

Associate
Anyone experiencing issues with the usb c hub on the monitor? My Glorious GMMK Pro is have issues connecting or dropping connection. Also when the monitor is off it seems to power the usb c ports still, mouse pad and keyboard leds are still on. Considering not using the on board hub as it’s been a right pain!

Should add I’m running a usb c cable from motherboard to monitor and a usb 3 hub with supplied usb c adapter - keyboard and mouse connected to usb 4 port hub via adapter.

Last edited:
Associate
What arms are people mounting this on if any? I impulse bought one of these last night for an insanely cheap price as they seem to allow stacking discount codes..

I currently have a 34 inch ultrawide on an ergotron lx and Im wondering if it will hold the weight of this.

Soldato
What arms are people mounting this on if any? I impulse bought one of these last night for an insanely cheap price as they seem to allow stacking discount codes..

I currently have a 34 inch ultrawide on an ergotron lx and Im wondering if it will hold the weight of this.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Samsung could cancel these orders...especially mine at £535 :cry:

I plan to use the same mount which has a max weight of 11.3kg. The G9 comes in at 9.2Kg without stand.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
They've now unlisted the monitor due to people trying to get the mega discounts, I expect orders will be cancelled unless part of your order has already been fulfilled.

Or they'll sell them to the lucky few who pounced and the discount stacking will now be patched.

Associate
OP
How do you know if part of your order has been fulfilled or not? mine after 2 codes was £1399 if my order gets canceled i'll be p*****!

You're fine at that price point, what I ordered at and received as well :)

I'm talking about people who got it at £533-900 :) harder to say if they will.

If you asked for your SSD or Tablet etc to be delivered earlier and that's already on it's way I expect the order to be fulfilled for all I know Samsung will ship out all the orders but the unlisting means something is happening (stopping the codes from stacking etc) so people have to pay closer to rrp.

Last edited:
Associate
They've now unlisted the monitor due to people trying to get the mega discounts, I expect orders will be cancelled unless part of your order has already been fulfilled.

Or they'll sell them to the lucky few who pounced and the discount stacking will now be patched.

It’s not delisted, its just out of stock which is what happened when they sold out of the first batch.

Soldato
I'm talking about people who got it at £533-900 :) harder to say if they will.
I do kind of hope they cancel it, I have been hovering over the cancel order button but I'm too weak.

I never intended to buy a new monitor, I don't even game. I did it for fun trying to get the lowest price just didn't expect it to go that low.

I am now unable to search for the monitor via the Samsung website.
Because it's out of stock

Last edited:
Soldato
I got my monitor on Friday but I may have to return it.

The main issue I have now is there is a vertical line (1 pixel wide) on my screen. It's regardless of whether I use my PC or laptop.

I thought it had picture by picture but it doesn't. Multi-view was a faff to set up but now I've got it to work, I notice that the quality from one side is always worse than the other from my laptop. It may be an issue with the dock or the laptop but the fact I did not have this issue with dual monitors suggests the latter option might be preferable.

Text is actually a lot better than I anticipated which is good and connected to my PC it's great!

Associate
OP
I got my monitor on Friday but I may have to return it.

The main issue I have now is there is a vertical line (1 pixel wide) on my screen. It's regardless of whether I use my PC or laptop.

I thought it had picture by picture but it doesn't. Multi-view was a faff to set up but now I've got it to work, I notice that the quality from one side is always worse than the other from my laptop. It may be an issue with the dock or the laptop but the fact I did not have this issue with dual monitors suggests the latter option might be preferable.

Text is actually a lot better than I anticipated which is good and connected to my PC it's great!
Yeah I'd return it, Multi view actually works fine for me once you have the scaling set up properly on each device, my issue was you're then sent back to sdr mode and 8 bit 120hz, so I lost a lot of picture quality and vibrance using that set up.

Pretty sure it should have picture in picture? perhaps it's cable or application dependent? something I'll need to look into now.

got part of my order shipped out today which is good news for getting my monitor as well (on my cheaper order) so may end up returning my current one as well within my 14 day return window.

I'd suggest anyone looking at this monitor wait for them to go back in stock and see if discounts still apply or wait for some of these to inevitably end up on a site etc for a decent price or at least better than rrp.

Last edited:
Soldato
I checked the specs and no PiP or PbP so multi-view is my best bet. Yesterday when I tried it, there were loads of scan lines. Today was better but it's a bit intermittent. That was until I noticed the vertical line. On the phone to them now to get a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom