Samsung Odyssey 49" OLED G9 G95SC

Associate
OP
How is the HDR, what's is it like using one of the streaming apps
Had to turn it on windows manually otherwise it runs at 8 bit. I'm using display port not sure if that makes any difference.

I just ran a quick session of Red Dead Redemption I wouldn't say I'm overly blown away but I've got a lot of default settings on, I probably shouldn't like eco mode etc after looking through the menus.

And the brightness is low by default as well.

I'll look around later and see if anyone has any decent settings for the monitor to start using myself.

Right now just optimising windows so there are less icons hanging around etc when I'm just browsing the web on it.

This will be my main monitor for everything so I'll be a good test pilot for anyone who is worried about burn in :D

Associate
Had to turn it on windows manually otherwise it runs at 8 bit. I'm using display port not sure if that makes any difference.

I just ran a quick session of Red Dead Redemption I wouldn't say I'm overly blown away but I've got a lot of default settings on, I probably shouldn't like eco mode etc after looking through the menus.

And the brightness is low by default as well.

I'll look around later and see if anyone has any decent settings for the monitor to start using myself.

Right now just optimising windows so there are less icons hanging around etc when I'm just browsing the web on it.

This will be my main monitor for everything so I'll be a good test pilot for anyone who is worried about burn in :D
Would love to see what you think about it for work purposes as well as gaming once you've settled in with it! :)

Associate
OP
How is the HDR, what's is it like using one of the streaming apps

Most content has the black bars on either side :) but picture quality is fine (Amazon Prime) maybe there are settings to tweak for this (probably)
Nice one boys, enjoy the new toys!! Bet you never thought you'd get one so fast a couple of weeks ago when we only just started chatting about it @Personality+ !!!

That's correct I was expecting late August, and then the price reduction even better :cool: now I've just gotta figure out how to use the damn thing :p

Associate
OP
CuA1Ci.png

Anyone have any idea what I should set these to, I see I can dial up the brightness with changing SDR content brightness :) which is good. But I don't know what the limit should be

Associate
CuA1Ci.png

Anyone have any idea what I should set these to, I see I can dial up the brightness with changing SDR content brightness :) which is good. But I don't know what the limit should be
There’s a windows HDR calibration app. I’d suggest downloading that on the windows store and using that to tweak settings initially. I’m sure as more people get their hands on it they’ll give tweaks to settings that make it better.

Associate
OP
Nice @Personality+ !! And more and more games are coming out now with native 32:9 support (last time I tried one a few years ago got a lot of 'fisheye' effect with a fair few games). Gonna have a serious think this next couple of hours...

Yes I heard the same, but I haven't tested the monitor enough to have a clue about spotting it.
But it looks amazing in native on F1, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Flight Simulator.
Ideally I'll be able to bounce between that and 2560x1440 windowed mode for certain games, but I'll probably need some content running on the other side, as the non lit portion of the screen not getting a workout has seen some people pick up some burn in on other panels at least.

Caporegime
I'm leaning towards keeping my PG48UQ and just running my games in 3840x1600 ultrawide, using it as a media centre too I still think 32:9 might not be entirely suitable. But daaaaayyyyym it just looks so so good!!

Associate
Looks lovely! One question, (probably of many later), how long is the power cable from the monitor to the power brick itself?
Asking as my current screen is on an arm attached to a false wall in which all my cables run and I would need to be able to store the brick under my desk and feed the power cable up the false wall to the screen.

Associate
OP
Looks lovely! One question, (probably of many later), how long is the power cable from the monitor to the power brick itself?
Asking as my current screen is on an arm attached to a false wall in which all my cables run and I would need to be able to store the brick under my desk and feed the power cable up the false wall to the screen.
My tables width is 150 cm and I think it's slightly more than that in length between that and the brick if you want to fully extend it.

Associate
OP
There’s a windows HDR calibration app. I’d suggest downloading that on the windows store and using that to tweak settings initially. I’m sure as more people get their hands on it they’ll give tweaks to settings that make it better.
thanks for this, some nice basic improvements :) that I can tweak.

playing MW2 at 32:9 was a bunch of fun as well just now.

Justifying my purchase hour by hour.

I'll need to find a good solution for windowed 2560x1440 but I'll probably have to scour ultrawide forums for personalised solutions I imagine.

Associate
So the usual DPD issue of them not delivering as per the 1 hour slot (3:50 - 4:50) and now waiting to see if he shows up at all today. This seems to happen a lot for me here in Cornwall!!

just got the "oh no!, we've missed you, we will be back tomorrow". Sigh.... No 49inches for me tonight!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
So the usual DPD issue of them not delivering as per the 1 hour slot (3:50 - 4:50) and now waiting to see if he shows up at all today. This seems to happen a lot for me here in Cornwall!!

just got the "oh no!, we've missed you, we will be back tomorrow". Sigh.... No 49inches for me tonight!
I made sure to pay the 3.99 extra for pre 10:30am because of my past experience with deliveries like this hopefully you get it tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom