• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

OcUK Staff
OP
Yes guys another massive shipment landed today!

Also 4G Nitro is back in stock, but I can guarantee you they won't stay in stock for long, we've only got 200 units at present and they are selling extremely quickly. :eek:

OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo, when do you expect the next delivery of the 480 Red Devil, if you don't mind me asking?

Powercolor communications are not so great, they know our demand and I even though they have given no real concrete information I would hope the product will be in free stock by end of this month.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

OK I manage to source some stock from a European distributor as well, that stock arrived today!

All 8G Nitro OC cards are now cleared and shipping today/tomorrow. We won't get them all shipped today as there is literally over 500 orders and warehouse simply cannot do that volume in the time left today, so rest shall go tomorrow.

We also have around 400 units left in stock for those who wish to order today, but pricing has now increased slightly. We still expect the 400 units we have left over to sell extremely fast.

OcUK Staff
OP
Whats the turn round on RMA's like?

I sent back an 8gb nitro OC+ today.. although DPD haven't picked it up yet so it won't be back in OCUK's hands til Thursday. Am i likely to get a replacement this week or next?

If i can't get a Nitro will i be able to swap over to one of the other cards?

Extremely unlikely, when stock arrives here it needs to be processed by booking and then goes to the RMA department, this is normally takes a few hours but can sometimes take a day.

It will then be tested by RMA guys and then action shall be taken out.

If you need RMA support best to post in CS forum and ask for Bailey, he will do what he can to speed up the process. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
I've been using the percentage clock slider.

Nothing crashes at +8% (about 1400MHz) but it doesn't maintain that clock 100% of the time at standard power target.

I actually got a faster Firestrike score at stock clocks, which I can't figure out.

It won't to maintain boost clocks especially when overclocked you need to increase power target, I just set +50, it will then maintain those clocks but could be unstable if the card is not kept cool enough to stay at 1400Mhz.

OcUK Staff
OP
I got 3 questions..

1. When is the next batch of Sapphire Nitro+ OC 480's coming?

2. Will one of these run Arma 3 maxed out Ultra with 2xMSAA alongside my 6700K etc in my sig?

3. Or should i just wait for Vega as the rumours are saying maybe October?

More arrive next week. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Shame about the MSI Gaming X price.. £299? Thats at a bloody ridiculous price right now.. I'd buy one if it was more around the Sapphire price range.

Any chance of it on offer tomorrow? Or even the Sapphire?

Btw when is the non OC Nitro+ coming?

Cheers.

Gaming X needs to come into my warehouse in much bigger quantities, right now it is selling pretty damn quick and supply is very slim.

OcUK Staff
OP
Is the MSI priced higher because it's a better card or because of limited supply, or a combination? There has been limited supply on the sapphire and powercolor up to now and those prices haven't risen.

The difference being Sapphire have now shipped over 1500 of their Nitro cards into OcUK compared to MSI 100 units.

OcUK Staff
OP
Yes but only a couple of weeks back there were no cards availables, and the price didn't rise to 299 then.

Are the MSI cards more expensive on wholesale to start with?

When supply is better the price will be around £269 - £279.

Typically it is often cheaper to pre-order as when product is pre-order we hit lowest margins typically to generate interest.

OcUK Staff
OP
Looks like the HIS card (RX 480 IceQ X2 Roaring Turbo) overclocks pretty well, good tmps but a little noisey in Videocardz review. It does get their best ever score of any of their GPU reviews
http://videocardz.com/review/his-radeon-rx-480-iceq-x2-roaring-turbo-8gb-review
Also some tips on how to overclock with trixx 3.0

im gonna try ocing the rx 480 nitro+ OC tonight - any tips in using trixx 3 for this card?

The HIS 480's are in the way to OcUK as we speak, should arrive next week. :)

Back
Top Bottom