Scottish Elections Result

Associate
Scotland's GDP hasn't grown as quickly as the rest of UKs because it's population has been largely static compared to substantial growth in the overal UK population due to immigration.

I don’t mind your simplistic approach to the hoi polloi. Think about the argument being made in the quoted statement and to whom it may be addressed with regards to the Scotland Act corporation tax adjustments and business.

------

Permabanned
OP
You say you want to use the British pound after Scotland becomes independent, because all countries made it a strong currency.

Yes, it's value is reflected from UK performance not just English??

Do any of you people actually know ANYTHING about economics?

Or is it just random stab in the dark time?

Truth is, if not the Union treaty and all countries joining as one, Scotland would be a poor thirld world country with civil wars, corruption, and crap flowing everywhere.

:D

Caporegime
You say you want to use the British pound after Scotland becomes independent, because all countries made it a strong currency.

Truth is, if not the Union treaty and all countries joining as one, Scotland would be a poor thirld world country with civil wars, corruption, and crap flowing everywhere.

If you want this then go on.

they dont they want the stability of beeing part of the UK but the independance of beeing its own country and wont accept they cant have it both ways...

they seem blinded by hatred and wont accept beeing independant means you are on your own...

not your on your own but you want the UK army to protect you and you want our currency to keep your economy nice and stable :rolleyes:

biohazard just ignores any facts you present cos he knows best init.... :rolleyes:

RDM

RDM

Soldato

That is utter rubbish. Why on earth would Scotland be a third world country if it had been independant?

Don
I don’t mind your simplistic approach to the hoi polloi. Think about the argument being made in the quoted statement and to whom it may be addressed with regards to the Scotland Act corporation tax adjustments and business.
Simplistic approach? As has already been posted, Scotland's GDP per capita is the 3rd highest of all the UK regions, 3rd only to Greater London and the South East of England. Do we have grounds blaming the SNP for not using their tax powers? I don't think we do.

Soldato
Why all the butthurt for Scottish independence? Some idiots here seem to take it personally. Surely they're free to chart their own destiny and set their own direction if it's the will of the people?

Permabanned
OP
That is utter rubbish. Why on earth would Scotland be a third world country if it had been independant?

Don't treat it with rationale, it isn't worth it.

Just smile, or laugh... it doesn't matter.

English opinion doesn't actually matter, and I think some of them absolutely hate that fact.

Associate
Not really sure if that is a consideration. Scotland would revert to having a purely defensive force with any additional needs it may require for whatever treaties is chooses to honour (i.e. NATO and UN Commitments). The British Armed Forces have not really been defensive in nature for quite some considerable time. An independant Scotland would not need to the ability to project power that the UK requires to keep its roles in NATO and the UNSC and to support and protect it's foreign assets and ventures.

Defence for an Independant Scotland would be "What forces do we need to secure our own borders?" So I would expect a small naval presence and a small homeland defense force with some air assets. Or more likely would be paying some money towards a UK wide defensive force and letting Westminster foot the bill for any offensive hardware and operations.

I would completely agree with this summation. There may be other concerns with regards to protection of these islands and the costs ect ect. It’s the main reason why the discussion cannot really take place under the current circumstances as an independent Scotland has not yet been established therefore remains simply as an envisioned problem to be tackled via dialog at the appropriate time. Any other solutions on my part would be pure conjecture to be fair.

------

Soldato
they dont they want the stability of beeing part of the UK but the independance of beeing its own country and wont accept they cant have it both ways...

they seem blinded by hatred and wont accept beeing independant means you are on your own...

not your on your own but you want the UK army to protect you and you want our currency to keep your economy nice and stable :rolleyes:

That's utter rubbish, fabricated from god knows where. (retracted due to the numbers arguement.) You sound like the bitter one, not us.

There is a lot of investors in Scotland with roots in many markets especially England. Do none of you grasp simple economics what so ever?

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP

You don't even understand economics.

Straw man fallacy and Argumentum ad nauseam

biohazard just ignores any facts you present cos he knows best init.... :rolleyes:

:)

I bet I even know more about your country than you do. hahaha

Behave please

Soldato

Dude, it's BEING. You can't come across making a compelling argument if you can't spell or reason for ****. You keep banging on about the most irrelevant matters. It's a FREE nation with their own internal political structure and free will of the people.

Lord, I wish they would take everything north of Manchester with them when the spilt comes.

Permabanned
OP
Happy SNP Bee says 'Hi'

bbbee2.gif

Soldato

Do you want to offer your reasoning for that? Or just thrown out wild theories and try to pass it as fact?

Associate
Simplistic approach? As has already been posted, Scotland's GDP per capita is the 3rd highest of all the UK regions, 3rd only to Greater London and the South East of England. Do we have grounds blaming the SNP for not using their tax powers? I don't think we do.

I think we are both arguing the same point; Scotland has done particularly well under the minority SNP administration in spite of the difficulties they have faced. I suspect this is mainly due to their fresh and open dialogue with business. The argument being made by the quote was in relation to those sceptics that suggest Scotland could not run its own affairs and is pro corporation tax inclusion for the devolved parliament.

------

Back
Top Bottom