Scottish Elections Result

Permabanned
OP
If you guys and gals go independent, Labour will never see power in the UK again ;)

Indeed, but again that doesn't detract from what is likely to continue if we don't.

Swing majority politics and increasing debt because of it.

Given that every major public spending crisis has been a result of labour being in power, scottish independence could be good for the rest of the UK in many ways :D

Would you see English constituences changing in the event of seperation?

Man of Honour
Given their performance last night, I'm hoping regardless of independence!

This is very true, it was only Scotland that protected Labour in 2010 despite the party performing worse by a clear margin than the Tories in 1997.

If Scotland starts sending more SNP MPs to Westminster, then Labour are in real trouble.

Permabanned
OP
This is very true, it was only Scotland that protected Labour in 2010 despite the party performing worse by a clear margin than the Tories in 1997.

You understand the voting intention disconnect between Westminster and Holyrood polls, and the fear still held in Scotland regarding Westminster conservatives (justified to you me or anyone else or not) can have that effect?

Can you see how this 'spectrum' of UK politics actually has a toxicating effect on the overall system, which makes neither Scotland or England happy?

If Scotland starts sending more SNP MPs to Westminster, then Labour are in real trouble.

That is what I'm praying for.

Last edited:

AGD

AGD

Soldato
I don't disagree with most of your points biohazard (although I don't think it's all as clear cut as you like to believe from your snp propaganda :p) but, I don't understand your belief that scotland would have less debt in the future as an independent state.

You seem to suggest it's because of swing majority politics but that will continue. Post-independence you would see labour and lib dems realign themselves according to the scottish electorate. The snp would also lose some support as people don't feel the need to vote them in as part of an independence agenda anymore. In short, I think you'd see a copy of our uk wide politics but not necessarily centred in the same place.

Permabanned
OP
nice sig lol hater

It's tongue in cheek as a rebuttal to somewhat challanged people who constantly press xenophobic nonesense in relation to anything Scottish; although given your record and performance today I'm not suprised the irony flew right passed you...

(Is this OK?)

Soldato
FYI, the term 'scotch', is an offensive term when relating to somone of Scotish origin, in a large (mostly east IIRC) part of Scotland.

Any particular reason?

I'm finding this thread interesting, the silly posts from certain people aside and it would be interesting to see how the population of Scotland would vote if such a referendum was held some time in the future, as well as how the country would cope separate from what would remain, and how England, Wales and NI would cope, too.

Soldato
Any particular reason?

I'm finding this thread interesting, the silly posts from certain people aside and it would be interesting to see how the population of Scotland would vote if such a referendum was held some time in the future, as well as how the country would cope separate from what would remain, and how England, Wales and NI would cope, too.

Probably because they don't want to be in reference with eggs and the stereotypical whiskey drinking Scot. Personally I don't mind it as most English (who are the guilty party) who are completely ignorant to it's meaning.

Permabanned
OP
Any particular reason?

It depends on it's use, sassenach for example is supposed to be 'friendly banter' but can cause offence.

I would too.

The referendum result would be dependent upon record of governance, a national debate, potential unknown UK issues or implications and global and market conditions.

It may seem like a wing and a prayer at the moment, but give it time.

Permabanned
OP
Probably because they don't want to be in reference with eggs and the stereotypical whiskey drinking Scot. Personally I don't mind it as most English (who are the guilty party) who are completely ignorant to it's meaning.

ENGLISH HATER!!!!! BIGOT!!!! SCOTCH!!!!!

haha :p :rolleyes: :D

Soldato

Eggs and whisky are both excellent things, though! :p

Thanks for that. :)

Permabanned
OP
Trying to debate/talk something with Biohazard is often a less than fruitful experience.

I've just noticed this.

I think plenty people have had enjoyable debates with me over the last few days, English or not and they have said as much. The more extreme cases, I don't really care about them they are not rational people but even then I don't see what I've done wrong in your eyes?

Perhaps if you didn't approach me so pre-tensed you wouldn't have such poor feelings of our initial contact in debate?

I for one have learned so much from so many here through debate, and I am saddened you feel like such.

Back
Top Bottom