Scottish Elections Result

Permabanned
OP
And your next usual trick of ignoring something.

Is this you in pedantic and attack character mode, yes?

Fine, have it your way.

The conventional shelf treaty is ratified in international law, Scottish devolution is not. Regardless of whether or not plans for Scottish devolution have been made with clearly defined boundaries, it would still need international ratification, and it does not automatically follow that it would be done in this manner.

Scottish waters are internationally recognised, CST was formed in the manner it was to reflect the sovereignty at the time.

Permabanned
OP
Last I heard North sea oil production was forecast to pretty much halve over the next 9-10 years and is already about 60% of its peak level a decade ago. Its not an endless tap of tax revenues.

The argument over independence should not be about oil revenues

It isn't, and no nationalist here brought up oil first co-incidently but if you aren't looking for such nuances you'll walk right past it...

Independence is not just about oil revenues, although that is clearly a proportion of the case.

See what you said about the oil fields - that myth has been regurgitated decade on decade for 40 years.

Oil will last for another 40 years at least, and iirc the oldest oil well in the world is still producing oil albeit in a now reduced fashion. 100+ years.

Permabanned
OP
no but if you bother to google about your countries economy you will see why its bad for you to be solo with your own currency

So Scotland needs exports, like all the other countries in the world.

I don't need to google my countries economy.

We couldn't have an independent currency, and neither have I professed one?

Permabanned
OP
Thirty years ago, McCrone's conclusions shocked his political masters. An independent Scotland's Budget surpluses, wrote McCrone, would be so large as to be "embarrassing". Scotland's currency "would become the hardest in Europe with the exception of the Norwegian kronor".

This report was made for Westminster, and the chill it ran up their spine meant they hid it for 30 years and continued to lie about the value of North Sea Oil to Scot's and tried their hardest to stamp out the SNP (look at us now ;))

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCrone_report

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/switzerland/news/article.cfm?l_id=100&objectid=10360042

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
so what currency are you going to use the euro? if you independant from us why do you think you will be alowed to use the £ ?

Because the removal of Scottish economic activity would also undervalue the now English pound, and that by pegging the currencies together we both maintain economic stability through the BoE machanisms.

I've already said several times I don't want the euro, and I don't want Europe either.

Permabanned
OP
everyone in england would be better off living in scotland if we get the same deal as you guys have now and you want moar ?

More what?

Autonomy?

Do you know what that means?

It would fix all this 'you get this and we get that' nonsense.

Full fiscal responsibility please, then people like you can naff off and find something else to get bitter about :p

Permabanned
OP
Indeed. I don't get why there's so much hostility towards Scotland wanting their independence (assuming that they indeed do). They're a country of their own and if it is what they want, then we should respect that.

Well, as long as it doesn't mean I have to pay much more for good Scotch whisky. :p

Ignorance
Bitterness
Dislike
Jealousy

Perhaps?

I honestly don't know.

Perhaps a mix of the above across the spectrum in smaller segments.

Permabanned
OP
biohzard all i can say is LOL.

I'm starting to think the same about you.

stop beeing bitter towards the english

bbbee2.gif

Please highlight where you feel I have been 'bitter towards the English', I would be genuinely interested.

there is no reason to hate us most of us couldnt give a crap if you get independance but if you do i hope you dont get the safety net you think you should have...

Why are you talking about hating England, you are pulling argument from thin air that hasn't happened.

It isn't a safety net, but if you think Sterling is floated singularly by England you are a fool and shouldn't be having discussions with the big boys.

Permabanned
OP
You say you want to use the British pound after Scotland becomes independent, because all countries made it a strong currency.

Yes, it's value is reflected from UK performance not just English??

Do any of you people actually know ANYTHING about economics?

Or is it just random stab in the dark time?

Truth is, if not the Union treaty and all countries joining as one, Scotland would be a poor thirld world country with civil wars, corruption, and crap flowing everywhere.

:D

Back
Top Bottom