Seeing SetiClassic off in style!

MGP

MGP

Soldato
BillytheImpaler said:
With 30 days to crunch we'll need an AVERAGE of 89 WUs per day per user: 2,642.34066 / 30 = 88.078022...

Right I've beaten this already today. Comeon you slackers :p

Associate
BillytheImpaler said:
With 30 days to crunch we'll need an AVERAGE of 89 WUs per day per user: 2,642.34066 / 30 = 88.078022...

MGP said:
Right I've beaten this already today. Comeon you slackers :p
Well ... early estimates on my shift to classic is looking somwhere in the range of 100 - 120 WU's per day. Need to give it a day or two to stablize out i reckon. :D
Now if I could only Borg our Cluster system (128 LCPU Modeling Cluster), I'd been in flint !! Not much chance of that happening :mad: .

MGP

MGP

Soldato
A reminder for anyone setting up setiqueue from scratch. Default settings for tranmission of result WUs is a narrow band of time in early morning. Might be worht a fiddle so you can see your scores go through the roof :D

Man of Honour
Soldato
It looks like some folks are waiting to take the SETI bran. Mr. Sammael has 200+ CPUs but only turned in 301 WUs since The Push began. I'm hoping for a 1000+ WU dump. :D

I'm still waiting for a board-wide announcement or emailing. This is the conclusion of 6 years of work. Why would we not apply ourselves to the greatest of our ability? There's only a month left to go. This is take-no-prisoners time. This is no-holds-barred time.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
BillytheImpaler said:
It looks like some folks are waiting to take the SETI bran. Mr. Sammael has 200+ CPUs but only turned in 301 WUs since The Push began. I'm hoping for a 1000+ WU dump. :D

Unfortunately it seems a lot of my machines were busy folding still after I installed S@H. Folding has been removed from the machines, so now all machines should be crunching. Only did this at about 9 this morning though!!

I'm looking at adding more instances of S@H on the machines that are multiCPU capable, like the P4's and the 3 XEON Dual CPU servers! :D

Soldato
BillytheImpaler said:
I just added another 4 CPUs. They're 1.4Ghz Pentium Mobiles with 512 Miibytes RAM so they'll devour VLAR woos. Mr. Mattus might wish to update the CPU list to reflect this fact.

Nice work. Will do :)

(edit) Done, I make it 12 you have now?

Man of Honour
Soldato
Mattus said:
Done, I make it 12 you have now?

Indeed. I'm still looking to get more crunchers aboard the good ship, however. I'll keep you up to date. The state of the farm is as follows:

1x 1.5 Ghz PM
4x 2.0 GHz Xeon HT threads
1x 1.2 GHz Smelleron
2x 2.8 GHz P4 HT threads
4x 1.4 GHz PM

I must get 100 WU/day! I must do my share!

My folding will suffer dearly (boo hoo). Wait, you lads prefer that becasue my FAH team is bearing down on OcUK with its size 14EE stomping boots!

Last edited:
Associate
My first two transfers will be my P4 3.0 HT and a Dually Xeon HT 3.0 and I'll have a go at borging a few more tomorrow...

Associate
Just noticed on the seti boinc homepage that they are planning some work with the seti classic db tomorrow, maybe cache up in case of any downtime or problems?

Associate
Thanks for the headsup RobOC, i just increased my cache to 2 days worth, just in case.

BillytheImpaler said:
Probably a good idea, even if they weren't closing soon. If all fails and you've run out of work, you can always tap into public SetiQueue servers.

Do you have to be running SetiQueue to do this?, i'm using Spy + Driver.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Soldato
KillBait said:
Do you have to be running SetiQueue to do this?, i'm using Spy + Driver.

Nope. In the Proxy/Socks Server area of SetiDriver you would type the name of the public Queue server. Most use port 5517, so try that. If you want to test and see if a server has any WUs before actually trying to get them, go to your browser and type http://{insert que server name here}:5517 That will bring up the front page of the queue server. Click on "Waiting" on the left side to see if there are any WUs to be had.

Null's public queue is piggott.me.uk:5517. To use it, put piggott.me.uk in the proxy box and 5517 in the port box. To look at it over the 'net, go to http://piggott.me.uk:5517 (Sorry if I just lit your server on fire, Mr. Null)

You can set it up to use proxies without using Driver, but why bother unless you're going to service-ize SETI. To make it easy, just use SetiDriver.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for the detailed info, will keep that to one side just in case.

And please stop talkign about 100+ WU's a day, my poor little X2 is steaming (literally) away here for all it's worth. :p ;)

Back
Top Bottom