Poll: Should OcUK use Amtrak or City Link couriers?

Should OcUK use Amtrak or City Link couriers?

• Amtrak

Votes: 198 38.4%
  • City Link

Votes: 318 61.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I voted citylink as I've had good experiences with them both at home and at work. But the strangest thing about ordering from OCUK, since I'm in N.Ireland I usually opt for Parcelforce 24 (£21), the parcel normally arrives within 48hrs, delivered by Citylink with Amtrak stickers all over it. I'm confused! :p

Man of Honour
I'd vote for Amtrak personally - I have used City Link every day for the past 2 years and although generally the service is pretty good value for money their claims department is a disgrace. If you have to deal with claims, and I'm sure that a company the size of ocuk will have to in due course, it will cause you no end of grief. Just a word of warning. I've been trying to get £2,500 back in claims which has taken over 12 months.

Amtrak on the other hand are more expensive (or were in my case) but their various franchises are more professional and generally the level of service is better.

Soldato
i havent voted as citylink and amtrak has been good for em but i prefer if its amtrak as it always deliver to me earlier than citylink.(get to play with my new toy earlier :) )

Soldato
Spie said:
Please vote for Amtrak or City Link. If you don't have an opinion or would rather use neither, don't vote.

Thank you.

Out of the two City link are slightly less awfull than amtrack.

Its a pity UPS isnt in there, hint hint.

Soldato
Amtrak.... despite having a few problems to begin with, the local Amtrak depot round here has vastly improved.

i even have convosations with the bloke that ALWAYS seems to delivery to my house when i order something, he gets on well with the family and has known us for years...

Amtrak for the Winzip!....

oh wait... i mean Winrar.... never have got the hang of these internet slang things :o

Soldato
I have never ordered any items from OC as delivery rate is very expensive for customers like me in Northern Ireland.

Other online retailers offer much cheaper delivery and I have no problem with them.

Associate
Had quite a bit of trouble with amtrak up here. Any time that I have got something from citylink they have been here super early sometimes I'm waiting until 5-6pm for stuff from amtrak.

Soldato
I dislike both, because the depots are miles away - compared to Royal Mail, where I can pick it up 2 hours later 5 minutes walk away. Still, Amtrak is less evil because Citylink seem to be as uncooperative as possible about things like redelivery. Probably just specific to where I am, but a big pain nonetheless.

Soldato
not city link
their closest branch to me is in plymouth (2h drive) and I've had them fail to dilliver on due dates more than 5 times in the last 4 months.

also TWICE they have carded me as not being in when
a) I was in the house.
b) it wasn't the day I'd ordered to be dilliverred on.
c) they didn't have the package on the van.

Soldato
PinkPig said:
I dislike both, because the depots are miles away - compared to Royal Mail, where I can pick it up 2 hours later 5 minutes walk away. Still, Amtrak is less evil because Citylink seem to be as uncooperative as possible about things like redelivery. Probably just specific to where I am, but a big pain nonetheless.

trust me
its not just you.

unless your using the plymouth depo aswell.

Suspended
my past experience using amtrack with ocuk and other stores has been terrible. I have only had things delivered with city link a few times but they have actually arrived on next day

Soldato
I've had no trouble with Amtrak at all, I prefer them to Citylink but haven't had any real issues with Citylink for a while now. IT just seems I've had better service from Amtrak.

TNT would be a good choice too, I live close to the depot ;)

Godfather
Godfather
OP
The results are :-

Amtrak 195 votes 38.09%
City Link 317 votes 61.91%

We change to City Link in a week's time.

Thank you for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom