Poll: Should OcUK use Amtrak or City Link couriers?

Should OcUK use Amtrak or City Link couriers?

• Amtrak

Votes: 198 38.4%
  • City Link

Votes: 318 61.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Of the two choices, I'd much rather neither. However I voted as this seems like it will be affecting a decision and I'd rather City Link over Amtrak.

Caporegime
Fox is bang on about each depot, but our local City Link depot is miles better than Amtrak.
Voted accordingly. :)

As an aside, DHL were fantastic too, TNT utterly useless.

Soldato
our local city-link van man is a good chap doesnt steal etc, looks like he enjoys speakin to people aswell when dropping it off :)
meanwhile amtrak guys are ok, but they dont have any character :p
so citylink -> amtrack for me. however both dont steal my parcels so im fine :d

Soldato
I've had to RMA 2 TFTs this year due to something being loose inside the monitor and making them do funny things (different models and different problems). The first was DOA, the second took a while to show, but I'm convinced both problems were from the monitors being thrown around by Amtrak.

My local depot is outside the city and only open until 6pm, so I have to drive in the traffic leaving town during rush hour since my driver always gets back in at 5 and ALWAYS misses me. Very rarely do they answer the phone either, and I just get told to come along when he gets back or they will re-card me the next day.
Amtrak will also only give 2 days before they return parcels to the sender.

I've never dealt with Citylink in Edinburgh before, but their office is round the corner from where I work.

Whoever mentioned RM as a single option, I would definately never order from ocuk again. In a year I've had at least 4 not recieved parcels from retaillers using 1st class, recorded and special delivery.

Associate
It was just the other day when i ordered new system i put in one the boxes that amtrack are always delivering 1 box one day and the next the following day :D

Never had any problems with city link though .

Associate
Had nothing but trouble with Amtrak, order something next day and it might turn up in the next 3 days. Its stopped me buying anything from overclockers that can't be sent via royal mail or its big enough to warrent a tip to stoke.
Whereas City Link on the flipside seem to be excellent, no problems at all.

Soldato
Easily CityLink. I've used them at home with mucho success. Amtrak however I've just had a massive run-in with. I ordered about £1k's stuff for my new PC from Overclockers. Overclockers despatched it very quickly but then it got to Amtrak's part of the line.

They attempted to deliver to my halls of residence student flat despite the fact that couriers are meant to deliver to reception staff. The courier moaned that the lifts didn't work (11th floor, sigh!) but that didn't matter since he shouldn't have tried my flat but reception. He even said he wouldn't bother with a second delivery even though I was entitled to one. Had to ring up the depot (Manchester North) and ask for one. The guy I spoke to was quite rude about it. My fault not the driver effectively.

Anyway the next day I was out for just one hour at Uni and when did Amtrak come back? No prizes for guessing. So I asked OcUK to bill me for a Saturday delivery and got up early for it since Amtrak work between 08:30am and midday on Saturday.

The driver never turned up, rang them up on Monday, they claimed they did and that the driver came up to the flat and that no-one was there. Apart from me that is!

They wouldn't deliver again without me paying again so I just asked OcUK to have the stuff sent back to them and I'd reorder.

Unfortunately it was looking as though I'd have to order from other people, didn't want to as the Customer Service, along with much more, was top class. Maybe I can order with OcUK again for large orders soon if CityLink becomes an option. Don't know how soon OcUK can add CityLink though.

A big cheers to Spie for asking us. I've never had so many problems with a courier as I have with Amtrak this last week so thanks for asking us for our thoughts.

Associate
The answer is simple - City Link.

Then again I am slightly biased as our local Amtrak driver (Trowbridge/Wiltshire area) is about as intelligent as a spanish omlette ! Seriously, ordering multiple parcels and having Amtrak as your courier is deadly .. half the packages will go missing and it'll take the driver several attempts untill he realises his mistake !!

He's a little ginger fellow as well ( for all those unlucky enough to be in/around the Trowbridge area ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom