Show Us Your Motors!

:eek:how long u been driving for? I thought my 1k to insure my ST220 was bad. U done any mod's to your ST deeeezel? I've heard there actually quite quick with a remap :D
i pay 3.5k for the deeeeeeezel with 6 months no claims. i got bored after my Suzuki alto with a black box after 6 months. when i bought it i was 18. i'm 19 now.
As for mods its got straight pipe stainless exhaust with makes super chav choochoo noises which was put on by the previous owner. i'm not sure if its remapped tbh. i will find out at the powerstation day. i have only test driven 3 and so i couldn't tell if it was faster or slower than it should be. pulls well in 4th and 5th and i've got wheelspin in 3rd when its damp.

honestly, i love the sound of a v6 so i cant wait to get one.

Last edited:
[TW]Fox;27792651 said:
Why?

That would have tripped the 'absolute waste of money don't bother' alarm for me. It is not worth £3500 a year in insurance - money which is basically just thrown in the bin - to drive a Mondeo diesel.
you would rather drive a suzuki alto with a black box and pay 2k? :confused:
£3500 a year for insurance! ****** hell!
yes this is what its like for young drivers. i dont know anyone my age who pays under £1500 for insurance.

a citron c1/Peugeot 107/toyota aygo nowhere are the cheapest to insure, but 3cyl is way too depressing. i just cant do it.
Good lord that's a colossal waste of money :/ £3,500 just on insurance :/

That's over ten times what I paid to insure my ST220 :D
well my dad can get insurance quotes on pretty much anything for under £500. what is very depressing is that people who drive badly, but are 10 years older and 'more experienced' pay way less. what also annoys me is that my mate pays 2k a year for his 1.2 clio and he wrote his first clio off after 2 weeks......... and his insurance went up a whole £200 when he renewed. :/

Last edited:
Questionable priorities, 50% of your wage on insurance :eek: Try moving out of the cesspit that is Leeds, probs knock £2k off your insurance :p
its only about 25% atm. i put 20% towards rent and the rest in the bank. most people do 25% to rent and the other 75% on drinking and the bus.............. or their £200 a month 'limited edit' 1.2 corsa

Last edited:
[TW]Fox;27792651 said:
Why?

That would have tripped the 'absolute waste of money don't bother' alarm for me. It is not worth £3500 a year in insurance - money which is basically just thrown in the bin - to drive a Mondeo diesel.

I was hoping I could simply skip past the 3.5k for insurance post but I couldn't :eek::(

i was paying 2k for a £1000 alto with the black box. 3.5k for a 3.5k car with no black box is much better :D. you have no idea how miserable it is having to drive everywhere at the speed limit with a massive que behind you.

I would do the exact same in your position. Most new drivers pay around 2k on crappy 1.0 Corsa's that take like 15 seconds to hit 60 so at least your ST is pretty quick at 8.5 secs to 60 compared to most first cars and its a nice comfy drive.
Having learnt to drive in a awful 1.0 car I saved up to buy my first car that would be at least a 1.6 Focus and have abit of go in it. That set me back 1.7k to insure. If I was a new driver now I would rather get the bus than drive a 1.0 with those silly boxes in that measure your driving at awful no matter how careful u may be.
Don't see how anyone can say that X amount on insurance is not worth it etc. it's something that had to be paid and I don't think anything of it. I'm 28 with a clean licence and 5yrs no claims but still paying 1k as its Liverpool despite the fact my area is fine.

Mad heads! I purely would not pay that kind of money (especially now) because i have more important things to spend my money on.

i wouldn't pay anymore than £400 for my mondeo now. For 1k, i would have to be in a 50k+ weapon of a car. 3.5k, a Laferrari.

Back
Top Bottom