Siliconslave's how to make espresso thread

Man of Honour
OP
I would seriously go for the used one on ebay over the new one. I'm not an expert, having only owned one, but I asked around before buying it and the folks on coffeegeek.com and other forums all agree the newer models aren't as good because the grading on the little knob that adjusts the coarseness of the grind isn't as fine. In fact, in the newer models it's stepped, whereas in older ones like the one I got it's a continuous grade.

On another note, I asked this earlier in the thread but no-one was able to enlighten me: How does the Aeropress compare to a stove-top espresso pot? As strong? Less? Does it do as good a job of not letting the grounds through into your coffee?

aeropress is supposed to be pretty much espresso less the creama, however stove top does not give an espresso style coffee out - its more like a strong americano (~ 1:1 of espresso:water at a guess) the filters are supposed to be pretty good afaik, you shouldn't really get any grinds through

If no-one else is i might bid on that grinder... don't want to get in a bidding war though :)

Last edited:
Associate
aeropress is supposed to be pretty much espresso less the creama, however stove top does not give an espresso style coffee out - its more like a strong americano (~ 1:1 of espresso:water at a guess) the filters are supposed to be pretty good afaik, you shouldn't really get any grinds through
So Aeropress is stronger than a stove-top? Sounds good, might get one, don't have the space or money for a proper machine atm (especially since I might be moving in 6 months), and the fact that the aeropress is portable and all you need is a kettle for it opens up a world of possibilities! :p
I'm pretty pleased with my stove-top though, in the beginning what I got out of it couldn't compare to a proper espresso, true, but over the years I adjusted the grind and got better at packing the grounds in the holder so that now it's pretty close to a "real" shot. I know it's unwise and unsafe to tamp the grounds, but making sure you have a level surface and that they're evenly packed all the way down does wonders for the outcome! ;)
If no-one else is i might bid on that grinder... don't want to get in a bidding war though :)
Bes said:
Ah I was gonna go for it Desperate to get my hands on my first grinder
Take it easy you two! :p if you expand your search to anywhere in the EU you should find lots of sellers in Germany. Shipping usually isn't much, I paid under £20 inc. for mine iirc.

EDIT: Looks like Hasbean Steve has stopped selling Aeropresses... I've seen them at a lot of other places for £20-25, and I'm wondering at the range in prices - are there different sizes of this thing?

Last edited:

sid

sid

Soldato
Guys,

I think one of my has bean orders has gone missing in the post. Its been 5 days now and the mail is crap around here.

Any ideas how they will react? and sort it out

sid

Man of Honour
Man of Honour

hello 2 all this coffee grinder is an orginal and as been in family 4 some years as far as i have been told by other family members.

its made with solid wood with a draw at the bottom 4 the grinded coffee ends up with a handle on the top that u turn once u have but the coffee

as u may tell i do not no a lot about it myself only wot i'v been told by family

:/

This auction can be summarised:

as u may tell i do not no a lot

Back
Top Bottom