• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I know during the summer/autumn i was checking the roof late in the evenings and i was still get full sun at around 8pm……no shading at all, but never checked in the mornings. So will do that when we get closer to spring.

i cant post pictures, otherwise i would post up todays power curve.

Its something close to this:
solar-pv-generation.jpg

So 500w @ 7am and same at 6pm. Obviously scale it to your spec.

Last edited:
Associate
1669909523529.png

Getting this error - so clearly something is wrong.

2022-12-01 15:40:09.888 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Config entry '*****' for pvoutput integration not ready yet: PVOutput has no data available; Retrying in background

Is there a more step by step guide you can point me to?

I'm just setting this up. Got exactly the same issue. I cant see anywhere that I can tell PVOutput what sensor to use to report my generation?

Man of Honour
I'm just setting this up. Got exactly the same issue. I cant see anywhere that I can tell PVOutput what sensor to use to report my generation?
I followed this and it's working well.

Associate
Soldato
Thanks. I found that and gave up at part 4.

Those instructions aren't great especially if you don't know what "famous configuration" file it's talking about.

You need to add the shell command block to your configuration.yaml file near the end, which is in the root of the home assistant configuration folder, like below image. This is my Givenergy one which may look a bit different, you also need your API key and your Id values where I have shown example with redacted.

But the principal is similar, once you've populated this shell command section it will appear in homeassistant as an action that can be done on a schedule, you may need to restart homeassistant after adding this bit of code.

2M7mqRb.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom