Something went wrong, ordered a Mustang, yet ended up in a British hotrod, I blame OcUK!

OcUK Staff
OP
I assume it's the lighting, that surely would have been noticeable in person
5MpCP4a.png

In person could not notice anything, I've watched a few youtube videos of other yellow ones and in some the same can be seen so yes assuming lighting and angles, or maybe even a slight difference in shade or how light bounces simply because the bumper is plastic and wings metal, which can result in a minor colour difference. But in person I did not spot anything.

But yeah it has had me stressing lol!

I checked my photos and zoomed in on a few and you can see in some its hardly noticeable and in others more so, seems very much down to angle and lighting:

yel9.jpg

yel8.jpg

yel7.jpg

yel6.jpg

yel5.jpg

yel4.jpg

yel3.jpg

yel2.jpg

yel1.jpg

As you can see in some it looks fine in others can be seen, but looking in close on some pictures of the SVR and Lambo similar can be seen as well, hence it most likely is lighting and angles, reflections etc.
Still I am very OCD so shall see if Ferrari can see anything and when I collect shall also place close attention and shall probably take a paint depth gauge too and measure every panel.

It just has to be perfect, have to say 458 shopping has not been easy, every car has had well some kind of issue, problem with buying used beggers cannot be choosers:
2011 Black: Bad smell, otherwise drove great, sounded awesome and brutal shifts.
2012 Black: Crack on diffuser, paint chips where should not be like a sign of a wing removed and signs of filler, car felt not as quick.
2010 Red: Missed three services, wonky bonnet and ex-demo
2014 yellow: Done at least a track day or two and the ceramics have been miss-used causing excess wear, possible paint miss match.

I think this is why its crucial to drive several of same car model and if wherever possible drive a brand new one, I did that with Golf R, took a brand new one out, then found a used one that well drove lie the new one. :)

Still as long as no signs of major issues I shall go ahead with the purchase as the car was immaculate!

For those who want to do some investigatio, the registration on the car and it shall come with is "F2 YEL" which is a pretty cool plate, but feel I shall put G18 WTF on the car.

I've done searches and F2 yel has visited hand car washes, what a sin!
It also attended a Gray Paul Ferrari GB organised track day at Donnington May 2nd 2017 and its been spotted at several car meets, Goodwood etc. so enthusiast owned and well used.
If I heard correct its a 2 owner car, I shall be 3rd, mileage is 14,500 and the next three services are FOC which is around £3500 worth (7yr service pack).
What I could see of underside it looked brand new, suspension components and bushes looked brand new, all round, guessing its been a dry stored car and Ferrari did say they'd not allow test drives in the wet which says its being rather pampered.

Soldato
I was going to suggest a paint depth gauge just for peace of mind even if Ferrari confirm it hasn’t had anything of the sort.

Having looked at pictures online they all seem to have that colour shift from bumper to wing so I am going to assume is just normal due to different material.

I thought I’d mention it because for the money involved it should be close to perfect as possible.

OcUK Staff
OP
I was going to suggest a paint depth gauge just for peace of mind even if Ferrari confirm it hasn’t had anything of the sort.

Having looked at pictures online they all seem to have that colour shift from bumper to wing so I am going to assume is just normal due to different material.

I thought I’d mention it because for the money involved it should be close to perfect as possible.

No and thank you, car has to be spot on at this money, I already pretty much made Ferrari to agree to goodwill jesture should a damper fail within three months of ownership as Ferrari warranty does not cover oil leaks on dampers and it is the cars weak point, £3000 a pair.

Yes I checked some other 458's in yellow in pictures and videos and there does seem to be a colour shift from bumper to wing.
I also showed the pictures to a couple of friends, one is a detail guy and other painter, both said its not painted, just an effect of a very deep pearl paint and the way the light hits it and angles, told me not to worry and to stop giving Ferrari a headache.

Just removed my RS30 battery from SVR, think I will ask Ferrari to fit that for me on day I collect just in case the 458 decides to go in a bad mood should battery go or the tracker goes wild.

OcUK Staff
OP
Soldato
Yep true and cameras exaggerate it more so, a load of fuss over nothing.
Shocked how cheap a set of tyres is:
https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-ty...6838?vehicule=17366&source=vehiculeSizeSearch

£850 all round for PS4S, Pzero's as cheap as £600 have tyres fallen in price or is the 458 just a really heavily mass produced size. :)

Tyreleader prices have been very good recently, same tyres on blackcircles are almost £1000

I think the yellow looks fantastic and the black wheels suit the colour well.

OcUK Staff
While Gibbo was talking about what would need to be happening to make a deal happen, I was out running a hyper-critical eye over the car, and making a video of it so if he wanted to check anything and finding any issues. Didnt really make it for viewing pleasure so if you see me get close randomly or go back to a spot a few times its because something caught my eye, but hes asked me to post it up anyway :) (Make sure to set to max quality).

Looks amazing :)

OcUK Staff
OP
stick a little one in the window

Thats what Ferrari said they will do, then its upto me as most owners just throw it in the front boot and just say ah officer it fell off and I forgot about it.

Not sure why cars need front plates, apart from front facing cameras, but many motorbikes don't have a front plate.

Back
Top Bottom