Spider-Man (PS4)

Soldato
Literally every game released will have a review embargo. Just depends on the publisher as to how close to release it lifts.

Yeah it really doesn't mean much these days. Even GTA V went right up to the day if I recall. In some cases it did used to worry me lile 10 years ago but it's fairly common practise now.

Soldato
That's concerning :/ and yeah God of war had reviews like week before release and this has on the day, which is also questionable like you guys say.
God of War is first party, Sony tends to lift their 1st party embargoes earlier than most from what I've seen.

I do have concerns for this one, it may get by on the hype of just being a Marvel property but I can see it sitting at high 7's-8ish which is still good

*must add that I can't argue that it does "look" amazing, and if it plays as good as it looks and is paced well then I'll eat my hat.. If I had one ;)

Soldato
Everything seems to be lining up for a 30% or so graphical downgrade. The leaked screenshots and embargo have me worried.

If true I can’t support a game from a developer that showcases one thing to reel you in and sells you something less than that. Insomniac are saying they haven’t downgraded a thing...we’ll see.

Soldato
Wow the downgrade is Huuugee! Just look at the photo mode looks crap !:rolleyes:
Digital Foundry says there is no downgrade and they have the game, i guess they must be wrong as are the developers and those who are playing it now.

V F

V F

Soldato
Downgrade? All that overlay gunk is optional. It aint no different to Uncharted, Shadow of War and Horizon Zero Dawn.

Soldato
Wow the downgrade is Huuugee! Just look at the photo mode looks crap !:rolleyes:
Digital Foundry says there is no downgrade and they have the game, i guess they must be wrong as are the developers and those who are playing it now.
DF, you mean those muppets who royally cocked up that Redout review, dead professional.

Looks downgraded to me.

vXbnynF.jpg

vXbnynF

Associate
Is all this gonna be overblown then you think? For me nothing spoils immersion in a game more than poor texture quality and excessive pop-in. Hope it’s not going to suffer from this.

Soldato
This game better have puddles, I don't play them without them.

Them puddles better not dry up in a weather simulation either.

I don't like realism. I might moan on twitter

Associate
I've not preordered a game for many years but tempted to for this.

I will be waiting for the review embargo to be lifted and then make the call on whether to or not.

Associate
I only buy digital these days and can't justify PSN prices on new stuff any more - though I have made a couple of exceptions along the way.

At least I will have benefit of reviews and opinion way before this reaches a price I'm happy to pay!

Associate
It's only been in the past month or so this game has looked really appealing to me. Listening to various podcasts and reading some articles from what I'm reading it's going to be very good, the Kotaku editor says "I'm extremely excited to talk about this game" which suggests to me it's a banger!

I've only just started God of War but I think it might have to be temporarily shelved so I can play this on release!!

Back
Top Bottom