Spiders

Found a false widow on my landing last night... Previously had them in garage a few years ago but less than pleased about the prospect of them in the house!
I know they are generally harmless but still :/

I only know one person who's been bitten by one, and he described it burning so much it felt like his arm was on fire. He's not a sensationalist so I'm happy to accept his word and leave it at that!

Yeah, I did hear they are the worst.

I got stung by a weever fish once- that hurts!

I now have a line of defence against the critters which is humane.

GQuaw5O.jpeg

Found a false widow on my landing last night... Previously had them in garage a few years ago but less than pleased about the prospect of them in the house!
I know they are generally harmless but still :/
Same, spiders don't bother me but discovering a false widow taking up residence in your home, a different matter.

I have them in the garage also.

Last edited:
Quick, to the internet!

There was an absolute unit of a spider in my garage this weekend… holy moly, probably the biggest ‘native’ spider I’ve ever seen in the UK.

He had a height of maybe 4cm (edit - as in the height from his ‘floor’ to the top of his legs) but no way was I getting closer.

9pPJ3Pf.jpeg

What an absolute beast! Perhaps he’s not in my garage… I’m in his house! :eek:

Last edited:
Quick, to the internet!

There was an absolute unit of a spider in my garage this weekend… holy moly, probably the biggest ‘native’ spider I’ve ever seen in the UK.

He had a height of maybe 4cm but no way was I getting closer.

9pPJ3Pf.jpeg

What an absolute beast! Perhaps he’s not in my garage… I’m in his house! :eek:

Having a BB girl helps in these situations...

I've straight up snipered a few in my garage that were too big to catch.

I live on farm land and last night I had a 4-5cm spider crawl out from under the sofa and move up the living room wall which I got rid of (how'd something that size even get in, it didn't knock on the door!) and this morning I had about 30 baby spiders (1-3mm) crawling all over my ceiling, none of which make it past "The Squish-anator 3000" (aka my thumb), plus a few days ago in bed, something moving through my chest hair woke me and it was a 1cm fat boy spider which I squished and didn't really realise in my sleepy state til the morning when I found the remains on the other side of the bed. Maybe I should start taking pics of the spiders we get here because we get some big 'ole juicy ones!

TBF, having trod on an unseen 12cm camel spider with my bare feet before in Saudi, popping it in the process, UK house spiders just don't really have an effect on me any more.

I have evolved a very "live and let live" process to wildlife - You stay outside and I'll do my best to avoid you - you put one crawler/leg/antennae in my house and you die with extreme prejudice - and thats worked well for me, so for example my car mirror's have about 2-3 spiders and I leave them alone but if one of those enters my house, its life is forfeit.

Back
Top Bottom