Spiders

I remember staying with a relative once. Late at night, in a less than familiar location, this large spider made an appearance (well, large enough). I seriously considered leaving, but I stuck it out - though I had to draw on my special forces training to cope.

Last edited:
I remember staying with a relative once. Late at night, in a less than familiar location, this large spider made an appearance (well, large enough). I seriously considered leaving, but I stuck it out - though I had to draw on my special forces training to cope.

Females are larger than the males :D maybe she liked you

Last edited:
Coming up on that time of year I guess - just removed a large one from my bedroom - I heard it scuttling very distinctly twice, from the next room, before it decided to run down the curtain in full view.

I will show my missus this thread as she scoffs at my fear of spiders. Trying to explain to her it was the result of watching Dr. Who as a young child, where they had these spider aliens as villains, fails to illicit any sympathy whatsoever.

If one appears in the house she tries to catch them and put then out (often losing them in the process) whereas I don my Rambo headband, daub black face paint under my eyes and go into to full survival/attack mode!

I have mesh over the windows, filled in all all holes and gaps entering the house which has reduced their untimely appearances massively.

Last edited:
Movie looks like Teletubbies, compared to RL spiders :D

2mins in,

Yeah..... nah.... :eek:

Must be plenty of food or you'd think they would start eating each other.

I had a lovely surprise the other day when checking something out above a unit and a fair sized house spider then crawled over my face. I don't mind them when left alone but that was a bit too intimate

It's weird as I generally don't have a fear of spiders but it depends on what type of spider it is. House spiders sometimes send a chill down my spine, but a daddy long legs spider (Phocidae) which can be bigger does not bother me at all. I would happily let it crawl over my hand. It all depends on how big it is and what it looks like.

Last edited:
Anyone else started reading this thread and immediately checked the floor around their chair?
I've had a false widow living in a gap in the frame in the corner of a little conservatory at the end of my lounge. Big one too so probably female I think. Tried to shove a hoover close to it a few times but it's gone before managed to get close enough for the suction to take effect. Am hoping it's gone back out the same way it got in - must be a gap up there somewhere.
Not seen it since I sprayed the bugger with kitchen cleaning spray so fingers crossed it's had enough of my attacks with the end of a hoover or cleaning products :cry:.
Would rather catch and release if I can.

Back
Top Bottom