SPL Season 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yeah O'Dea was a strange one. I can understand why Webster wa sent out a he was so over weight and not match fit.

Also it looks like this seasons gonna be the same as the end of last season with no team wanting to win it. One week Celtic on top following Rangers. Poor poor state.

Last season was more of Celtic throwing the league title away with poor results at the end though. I'd expect they'd be a lot hungrier this season for the title with the nature of their defeat and this seasons poor European run though we'll see how that plays in January for Mowbray's transfer plans.

With all the talk this weekend of the state of Rangers' finances there doesn't seem to be much room for improvement of their squad and I also wonder if there is a bonus for Kris Boyd coming up and that's why they were wanting offers with not wanting to pay it? Mowbray must be feeling very silly asking the board to get Celtic into debt with transfers since that's how Rangers are now in this mess.

Wake up call for the fans though if there was any doubt about either of them making a big name signing in January or even next summer.

Soldato
Is the Rangers game at Tannadice tomorrow?

Yes, according to the BBC fixture list anyway. :)

Listened to the Celtic game on the radio and it sounded like Killie were shocking so won't be much loss to the SPL if they go down. Jim Jeffries must be glad they can't afford to get rid of him or the poor state of the teams below them. Good result for Celtic though with important Europa league game next Thursday.

McGeady got booked for diving again so it looks like the refs are watching him for it even at Parkhead.

Edit:

Dundee Utd vs Rangers game abandoned due to waterlogged pitch and from the weather today it probably shouldn't have gone ahead at all especially with some of the tackles/passes going in nearer half-time. Rangers were up 1-0 so will be disappointed though Utd looked decent.

Last edited:
Soldato
Having watched what highlights the Beebs have produced from the game the goal was onside as Davis was in line. Really Eddie you need to goto specsavers. As for Lafferty not shown so clearly a nothing.

Nor

Nor

Associate
Having watched what highlights the Beebs have produced from the game the goal was onside as Davis was in line. Really Eddie you need to goto specsavers. As for Lafferty not shown so clearly a nothing.

I thought Davis was onside, and he took it well. Lafferty's dive was pretty bad.

Associate
OP
Good to see Fortune make his return to the Celtic first team. It was only 30 mins worth but I'm convinced that Fortune's recovery will mark a turn-around in our goal-scoring performance.

Soldato
I thought Davis was onside, and he took it well. Lafferty's dive was pretty bad.

Cant comment as its not shown on highlights if it was bad it was bad. I cannot say it was or wasnt as I aint seen it. Goal dont mater onside or offside at the end of the day as game was cancelled but as said Eddie you really need to get to specsavers if you thought that was offside :)

Soldato
Really good game to watch for neutrals in the Falkirk vs Celtic game today although I doubt Celtic fans will be happy at the players' performance.

I guess that'll be the karma again after the usual certain section of their support were singing during the minutes silence, which was drowned out by Sky Sports so that we couldn't hear it or the ref's whistle at the end of it. Loud boos from the Falkirk support at the start until I realised what had happened. Will be interesting to see if the club comments on it later though they did have poppies on the players' shirts.

On to the football itself, game finished 3-3 and some good goals with McGeady missing a penalty and the rebound before the end of the first half, then six goals in the second half to make the game interesting. Celtic might feel annoyed at the end since player with the ball just outside the Falkirk goal was onside even though called offside by the ref.

Commentator making note of some Celtic fans throwing scarves on the pitch at the end of the game so wonder how long Mowbray has got left? January Old Firm will probably be most important if he's to stay on next season.

Soldato
It was an exciting game to watch and Falkirk almost got what they deserved. Have to say i have been saying for a couple of seasons now how much I enjoy watching Falkirk - they played with real determination today. Even though Celtic were below par, Falkirk still don't look klike a team sitting at the bottom of the table.

Nor

Nor

Associate
Celtic didn't turn up, Falirk deserved their point.

As for the minute's silence. According to Radio Scotland Celtic fans outside the stadium were singing during it. Not surprised it wasn't properly observed by some :(

Last edited:
Soldato
well from the youtube footage its clearly inside unless they are putting mocs outsie the stadium. Even Lawwell was seen shaking his head. I'd link the video but there are swearies in the comments. Well seing Sky mute the mics this was an arab feed that is unmuted. Cleary inside the stadium.

Associate
Disgusting. The Armed Forces protect our prosperity, allowing the economy of the country to flourish. This means we can give them the incapacity benefit they used to pay for the taxis to the stadium to crap all over the memory of the fallen. Disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom