SPL Season 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
It's a direct reply to your rtm as you well know, if you want to ask the Rangers fans not to use the SA simply because you feel that they get a raw deal in comparison to any other fans in here it's your choice.
The moderators act on every rtm or unsuitable post they read in as even way as possible, there is no bias.

My apologies, i assumed a RTM was private and off the forums.

Man of Honour
Every rtm is dealt with on it's merits.
I explained the situation in my reply to your last email yet you still complain about unfair moderation without listening to the facts.
Every unsuitable post we read or that's brought to our attention is dealt with the same way no matter who posts it and those who choose to ignore the warnings we give them get suspended.

Soldato
Looks like McDonald is going through a poor phase at the moment with the amount of chances he had on Saturday according to the radio commentators. Watched the Rangers game on ESPN and thought St Johnstone were good for at least a point but nice goal from Papac for the points.

Back to European action this week so should be three points on Tuesday for Rangers and a tough home game for Celtic, though I'd expect them to win it if their strikers can perform.

Associate
Looks like McDonald is going through a poor phase at the moment with the amount of chances he had on Saturday according to the radio commentators. Watched the Rangers game on ESPN and thought St Johnstone were good for at least a point but nice goal from Papac for the points.

Back to European action this week so should be three points on Tuesday for Rangers and a tough home game for Celtic, though I'd expect them to win it if their strikers can perform.

mcdonald has always seemed to me to be over weight and its more apparent in the flesh , im not saying this just because he plays for celtic, the guy to me seems fat.

Soldato
Sounds like it was a good game at Ibrox today with plenty of goal mouth incidents and chances going a begging.

Hopefully Celtic can go top tomorrow with a win at Hamilton - feels weird not being at the summit. :(

Soldato
Does anyone reckon they will be slipt this year? Great result for United at Aberdeen. :o

I don't think so, no but it will be a tighter finish than ever - I feel Rangers will find it tough after xmas with the lean squad they have to work with. Walter Smith is great at grinding out results but the diffcult times will see severe pressure from the media I think

Soldato
The Old Firm will suffer badly from their poor euro form, no big name signings for next season. There just isn't the same financial gulf that used to exist. With the English game becoming a Billionaires playground and small teams having big name players the Old Firm are not as 'big' as they were despite the fan base. I'm starting to regret laughing at Mark McGee saying they could challenge the Old Firm this season...hold on...7th place... :o

Soldato
One thing that worries me for January is the usual raid on the challenging clusb by the Old Firm. Last year United were playing well and in came Celtic and got Willo Flood and what is he doing - not even making the bench.

Last season was the same with Celtic coming and taking Barry Robson when we were playing well and had a decent chance of 3rd.

This year my fear is Gomis or Scott Robertson to Rangers and I hope we can hang on to Webster until his loan deal completes.

EDIT: Does anyone know if Webster can play against Rangers next week? Tried searching the net for the conditions of his loand deal but cant see them anywhere.

Last edited:

Nor

Nor

Associate
I think the Celtic and Rangers teams are probably as bad as each other at the moment. Both seem to find themselves at the top from time to time due to others slipping up rather than getting there on their own merit.

What's a bigger story is the quotes from Walter Smith this afternoon. Pretty big story if he's saying the banks are running Rangers, and that the bank has put its own person on the Rangers board to oversee how the club is run. I think the financial situation has finally found its way to the pitch. It's a credit to Smith that he's kept it away from the pitch for so long.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_5650209,00.html

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the Celtic and Rangers teams are probably as bad as each other at the moment. Both seem to find themselves at the top from time to time due to others slipping up rather than getting there on their own merit.

What's a bigger story is the quotes from Walter Smith this afternoon. Pretty big story if he's saying the banks are running Rangers, and that the bank has put its own person on the Rangers board to oversee how the club is run. I think the financial situation has finally found its way to the pitch. It's a credit to Smith that he's kept it away from the pitch for so long.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_5650209,00.html

Walter Smith's contract runs out in January and with the way things are going I don't see him renewing it unless he gets the promise of more money for the squad, which I don't see happening with the club up for sale and their poor European form this season.

With Tony Mowbray wanting Celtic to go into debt with transfers I expect this season will go down to what bank has the most say in the control of the respective clubs' transfer budget.

Mind you with todays result for Rangers I'd expect Celtic to go top tomorrow with a win over Hamilton.

Interesting story on the posibility of Ally McCoist becoming the next Rangers manager here (though old).

Last edited:
Soldato
One thing that worries me for January is the usual raid on the challenging clusb by the Old Firm.

Doubt Rangers will be able to buy anyone at all - the bank is in control now - I had a funny feeling this was why Murray stepped down - he saw this coming. He isn't the type who could sit there and be told what he could or could not spend someone elses money on

Associate
OP
Celtic made hard work of that but a win is a win.

Results:

Aberdeen 0 v 2 Dundee Utd
Hearts 0 v 0 Falkirk
Lloyds TSB 1 v 1 Hibs
Kilmarnock 2 v 1 St Johnstone
St Mirren 3 v 3 Motherwell

Hamilton 1 v 2 Celtic

Soldato
EDIT: Does anyone know if Webster can play against Rangers next week? Tried searching the net for the conditions of his loand deal but cant see them anywhere.

I very much doubt he can play against his own club. I also think he will be recalled in Jan if there is that option written into the loan deal

Nor

Nor

Associate
I very much doubt he can play against his own club. I also think he will be recalled in Jan if there is that option written into the loan deal

Yeah, I reckon it'd be a good plan to recall him. Same with Celtic and O'Dea.

Soldato
Yeah O'Dea was a strange one. I can understand why Webster wa sent out a he was so over weight and not match fit.

Also it looks like this seasons gonna be the same as the end of last season with no team wanting to win it. One week Celtic on top following Rangers. Poor poor state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom