SPL Season 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Samaras clearly onside and McDonald was free to score his hat-trick but for the linesman. Dodgy decisions once again robbing us of points. Yes, Celtic where poor but we did enough to win the game.

As for the minute's silence, there can be no excuse for the morons who spoiled it but they are a very small minority and hopefully Celtic can root them out. Do not blame the entire support for the acts of just a few.

Soldato
Samaras was onsie but wee fatteh was offside so it still wouldnt have stood. Probs what the linesman flagged for. Cracking double save by the keeper at the penalty though it was a poor take by McGreedy

Sounded more than a few loudest I've heard Celtic fans sing other than that old ditty at the end of games "Boooo" but I know what you are saying.

Last edited:
Soldato
So a 20k euro fine + damages cause to stadium. Now having looked at the state of the stadium that should make it 20010 then. Seems about right for was was at most a 30 second to 1 minute bit of trouble. Incited by the stewards.

Unirea fined 8k as well for poor organisation.

Soldato
Rangers got off lightly. Repeat offenders should be stood on, this fine is a gesture. UEFA should do us all a favour and shut them down.

Least we havent had fans breaching security to get onto the park "TWICE" and not been closed down. What we got was on par with what other clubs get for 30 second skirmishes.

Associate
OP
Least we havent had fans breaching security to get onto the park "TWICE" and not been closed down. What we got was on par with what other clubs get for 30 second skirmishes.

Ah you invoked the, "Whit aboot ra other mob?", defence. Bravo.

Just what is it about people in Rangers T-shirts that makes them such a magnet for provocation? Stewards in Romania, Police in Pamplona, Big Screens in Manchester, they all have it in for you!

Soldato
Ah you invoked the, "Whit aboot ra other mob?", defence. Bravo.

Just what is it about people in Rangers T-shirts that makes them such a magnet for provocation? Stewards in Romania, Police in Pamplona, Big Screens in Manchester, they all have it in for you!

Well you were happy to call for a ban so I'm pointing out you should have been banned for worse security failures.

Associate
OP
Well you were happy to call for a ban so I'm pointing out you should have been banned for worse security failures.

Sorry but what I actually meant was that UEFA should permanently ban Rangers from European competition, the SPL should expel them from the league, LloydsTSB should lock the door to Ibrox and sell it, then anyone with any affiliation to the aforementioned club, be it employee, investor or supporter should be hunted down, shot and ground-up into tiny pieces.

'Call for a ban', indeed! I want nothing less than genocide!

Associate
OP

Nor

Nor

Associate
Real shame for Kennedy. Celtic have done well by him, just sad that his career was ended by a one malicious tackle.

Soldato
Just hope that the club can arrange a benefit game for him or a payout with the insurance. All credit to Celtic though for sticking with him for three years to try and get the injury sorted.

Nor

Nor

Associate
Just hope that the club can arrange a benefit game for him or a payout with the insurance. All credit to Celtic though for sticking with him for three years to try and get the injury sorted.

I think it was Gordon Strachan who gave him a new deal despite him being unlikely to play for us again. Good thing to do.

You hear about all these multi-millionaires getting testimonials these days. It's folk like Kennedy who actually need them.

Soldato
Good news today though is that it looks like Burley will be out of the Scotland job this week after our 3-0 defeat to Wales last weekend. Shame that Gordon Smith and the others at the SFA will still be there but it would be interesting to see how quickly SPL managers distance themselves from the post.

Levein will probably be the fan favourite but I doubt he'll want the job so will probably be another low-key manager trying to prove himself. Might mean a few more friendlies during the season though as they try to gel the team to any new system.

Edit: Now confirmed on the BBC, Burley, Butcher and Hegarty are now out. :D

Last edited:

Nor

Nor

Associate
Aye. Was time for Burley to go. The Wales game proved beyond any doubt that we were going in the wrong direction.

SFA needs gutted from top to bottom too. Too many people in self-serving positions who are holding us back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom