SPL Season 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
3-1 now with Rangers down to 10 men after Kenny Miller got sent off for "kicking out" so misses the OF game. :eek:

Edit: 5-1 Rangers now with Kris Boyd getting goal number five of the match (Lafferty got the 4th) and now beaten Larsson's SPL scoring record. Finishes 7-1, wonder how much they paid United tonight? :eek: ;)

Last edited:
Associate
3-1 now with Rangers down to 10 men after Kenny Miller got sent off for "kicking out" so misses the OF game. :eek:

Edit: 5-1 Rangers now with Kris Boyd getting goal number five of the match (Lafferty got the 4th) and now beaten Larsson's SPL scoring record. Finishes 7-1, wonder how much they paid United tonight? :eek: ;)

Good result for your lot tonight, Boydychenko has indeed passed Henriks scoring record, it might be worth mentioning, however, that Boyd took somewhere in the region of a decade to do what Henke did in a little over half that time, or thereabouts:p

Anyway... Sunday could be.... interesting

edit Boyd 10 and half years, Henrik 6 and a half .. think thats correct

Last edited:
Associate
Good result for your lot tonight, Boydychenko has indeed passed Henriks scoring record, it might be worth mentioning, however, that Boyd took somewhere in the region of a decade to do what Henke did in a little over half that time, or thereabouts:p

Anyway... Sunday could be.... interesting

edit Boyd 10 and half years, Henrik 6 and a half .. think thats correct

Everyone know`s Larsson was a special player.

The most important aspect of all of this is that it`s happening now, right here, now with Boyd and theres plenty more left in him.

Thats the most important aspect for me. ;)

Associate
Everyone know`s Larsson was a special player.

The most important aspect of all of this is that it`s happening now, right here, now with Boyd and theres plenty more left in him.

Thats the most important aspect for me. ;)
yes we know larsson was special mcrod ,yet when he played at porkheid for barca the celtic fans booed him,these self styled greatest fans in the world ;) rangers playing well just now and grats Boyd, W.A.T.P. :)

Last edited:
Don
Don't really comment much in this thread but hats off to Boyd, always liked him as a player and to achieve what he has when sitting on the bench a lot at Rangers is some achievement. To compare him to Larsson would be silly but what Boyd has done in his not-so-long career at Rangers is quality. Still young too!

I imagine he'll be in England soon enough back with McGleish

Associate
I imagine he'll be in England soon enough back with McGleish

I hope you`re wrong.

Boyd has somehow managed to add that extra level to his game. It`s hard to describe how he`s done this but it seems he`s been doing a lot of thinking and is now a very team orientated player. It`s as if he`s found a level of composure, more relaxed in front of goal and everyone is benefitting.

Him and Miller are on fire just now. It`s incredable how quickly we`ve went from playing horrible, almost amateur style Football, to something resembling a good footballing side. For the first time in years i`m actually enjoying watching us play and it seems i`m not alone. Ibrox was packed last night on a freezing December mid-week night and the atmosphere was carnival.

The bubble will burst though, it always does, so i`m going to enjoy every minute of it while it lasts. :)

Soldato
Happy for Boyd, really is the best striker Scotland have and hope he gets back in to the Scotland squad.

Also I think it's a bit unfair to compare him with Henrik. We all have to remember that a good player WILL score more goals for the Old-Firm than they will for any other teams. So 63 goals for Kilmarnock is actually really good.
To be fairer, you would have to count how long it took Henrik to reach 97 goals and how long it has taken Boyd (even better if you can get the games played stats since Boyd doesn't start as often as Henrik did)

Soldato
Rangers form is remarkable right now, no doubt about it - I have to say that due praise must go to the management team. It's not been that long since Rangers looked in total freefall - poor squad (I still think so), club deep in debt, chairman bailing when things looked like they were going to hit the fan etc.

But Walter, Ally and Co have managed to keep the squad collective mind concentrating on the title.

In contrast, Celtic have a superior squad but a manager who isn't happy with the team he inherited and he hasn't really settled with them since he started. I honestly believe, with no hostile intent to deenigrate Rangers at all, that celtic have a superior squad both in depth and quality. Our defence is rank though and the guys playing from midfield forward can't play with any confidence at all.
While the OF game holds no fear for me, I think the result won't matter a jot - unless Celtic can turnaround a dire trend, Rangers will win the title through grit, determination and team spirit by a significant margin IMHO.

Soldato
All this talk about Boyd being better than Larsson is laughable. I won't take away from Boyd the fact that he is the most prolific scorer in the SPL but he did take twice as long as Henke to get there. Boyd isn't fit to lace Henke's boots and Man Utd and Barcelona aren't exactly begging tubby to come play for them. Let's put things into perspective please.

As for statistics, Larsson has scored more goals against Celtic than Boyd has. :)

Boyd 10 and half years, Henrik 6 and a half .. think thats correct

Don't forget that Henke also missed a full season due to a broken leg.

Last edited:
Associate
As for statistics, Larsson has scored more goals against Celtic than Boyd has. :)

REALLY hope you have not tempted fate there....:D

But that gave me a smile.

Looking at tomorrow, while I honestly believe we do have the superior squad there is no doubting Rangers are in form and are scoring freely, let us just hope that BTM has got us motivated enough to shut em out, a win is pretty much vital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom