SPL Season 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Just listened to it on the radio and pretty much every commentator was saying it was a valid goal but will wait until the highlights are up on BBC tonight.

dsc01118o.jpg

Rules are simple enough. You are not allowed to challenge a goalkeeper in this manner.

Soldato
Completely dominant over the Re-arrangers. Hail hail.

As for the goal that was disallowed, Fortune did not connect with the keeper at all, only the ball. Even Chick Young agreed that it was a goal which nearly made me fall off my seat in the Jock Stein Stand.

Last edited:
Soldato

As for the goal that was disallowed, Fortune did not connect with the keeper at all, only the ball. Even Chick Young agreed that it was a goal which nearly made me fall off my seat in the ********** Stand.

Dominating the game and not taking advantage does not win you games = No title :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Gents, please can we stop with the petty insults for the other teams fans or their clubs and history. It's something that has been warned about in every SPL thread and yet after a while it gets ignored again.

Back on with SPL business it was one all in the Edinburgh derby both in terms of goals scored and players sent off.

Associate

As for the goal that was disallowed, Fortune did not connect with the keeper at all, only the ball. Even Chick Young agreed that it was a goal which nearly made me fall off my seat in the Jock Stein Stand.

So that photo above has been photshopped? :cool:

Comical Oddie, your ramblings are the reason i enjoy this forum so much. :D

Associate
Happy with a point as it was a weakend gers side out.

Weakened all right. It resembled more of a reserve team.

We were missing Miller, Bougherra, Mendes, Novo, Thomson and Beasley.

Edu and Broadfoot are still trying to find match fitness and we had a 40 year old geriatric beside an 18 year old rookie and still they couldn`t beat us. :)

Once again, it is everyone else`s fault, a conspiracy and now the rules have to be changed to allow C*ltic forwards to foul Rangers goalkeepers. :cool:

Soldato
Oh my, look at all those posts by McWrong, usually one after the other telling everyone just how good Ragers are. Ever heard of the edit facility McWrong or are you trying to up your post count at every opportunity?

Anyhoo, still half the season to go and with the expected buying at Celtic park and the selling at Mordor, Ragers will be weakened while Celtic grow stronger. When Celtic beat Killie in the outstanding game and the deficit is reduced to just 4 points, it'll be easily overhauled in the remaining fixtures. Ragers are on a bit of a purple patch but that ground to a halt today. Celts will be the Champions. :)

Associate
Just as bad as all these posts by Eddiemcwrong who rambles on how everyones agaisnt C*ltic and if Mowbrays recent signings show much Rangers don't have much to be afraid of. Rangers were missing many key players from their recent run of results and C*eltic still came away with a draw. Still half of the season to go, still plenty of games to increase that 7 point lead. Fail Fail.

Associate
Anyhoo, to all rational thinking football fans out there, surely this is against the rules.

Mis-Fortune`s right hard clearly nudged McGregor`s left arm as he reaches for the ball.

Surely thats now allowed?.

When he began to jump Fortune was surely entitled to challenge for the ball?

I would have thought that in this case, and I'm quite possibly wrong on this, it would have been an infringement if there was intent to impede the Goalkeepers attempt to catch the ball.

Anyhoo, quite hard to understand how we were so dominant yet still managed to draw.

No hang on, it was a draw because, quite frankly, Samaras' finishing was/is abysmal. Ah well, onwards and hopefully upwards:)

Soldato
The guy is just giving his opinion Eddie, there`s no need to get personal

And I was just giving mine, where's the problem in that? Typical backlash from an Orc out of Mordor.

As for your little video, McWrong, it's obvious to see that Fortune jumped before McGrogger given the height he is at and therefore the goal should have stood. Either that or it's an offence against any forward when the keeper runs into them which I don't see as being particularly fair.

Last edited:
Soldato
And I was just giving mine, where's the problem in that? Typical backlash from an Orc out of Mordor.

As for your little video, McWrong, it's obvious to see that Fortune jumped before McGrogger given the height he is at and therefore the goal should have stood. Either that or it's an offence against any forward when the keeper runs into them which I don't see as being particularly fair.

thAts the modern game though sneeze at a keeper and its a foul. Would have been same had boyd done same to borat. So its not a conspiracy againts Jaffa FC

Associate
My favourity part of the BBC video is at 59 seconds. Mowbray showing real care for his player and passion for his club by turning away to hide his eyes from the 'shocking' tackle. Can you imagine Walter Smith reacting in the same way?

Rangers will march onwards to another title because of the passion shown by the entire team and management.

Soldato
My favourity part of the BBC video is at 59 seconds. Mowbray showing real care for his player and passion for his club by turning away to hide his eyes from the 'shocking' tackle. Can you imagine Walter Smith reacting in the same way?

Not sure what you mean by that - reacting to it any differently would probably have provoked anger and got him sent to the stand.

When you are involved in the game and been a player, i think that his reaction was perfectly natural - almost scared to look in case its bad type thing. What exactly are you implying - that he doesn't care? in which case, i would not have expected any reaction at all let alone turning away?

Is this really worth comment - you seem to be trying to belittle someone for no reason at all? (and I am no great TM fan by the way - I still think we should have hung on to WGS if we could)

Associate
Complete tosh, look again. McGrogger completely misses the ball and Fortune has every right to pop it into the net. Wrong decision by the Ref.

McGregor misses the ball because Fortune`s right arm nudges his left arm out the way. The rules are on the UEFA website, go read them for yourself.

C`Mon Oddie, just admit your team are utter garbage. :D

No Beasley
No Miller
No Novo
No Mendes
No Thomson
No Bougherra
No Money
No Surrender
No bother ;)

Time to wake up, Oddie, and realise that a team 30 million in debt, with geriatric players and a management team with no contracts are 7 points clear of your shower of utter dross. :D

The Gallowgate Galacticos ho ho ho :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom