SPL Season 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
99% of Rangers fans would admit that larsson was a better player than Boyd. But so were Gazza and Laudrup. The point is that we're in very different times now - dealing in the £500k - £1million market (if dealing at all). No team in the SPL could afford to buy a Kris Boyd from another league, so I think he's a massive massive asset to Rangers and I really hope our money worries don't mean we let him go.
We need to avoid 'knowing the cost of everything, and the value of nothing'.

Man of Honour
Boyd isn't a great all round player, he's not someone who'll give you assist after assist, he's a striker and that's a job he does very well indeed so comparisons to Larsson are pretty pointless. I suspect he'd admit that Larsson is a more skilful player but becoming the SPL's all time record scorer is nothing to be sniffed at.

Congratulations to Boyd and to do it against Dundee Utd as well makes me smile.

Associate
Boyd isn't a great all round player, he's not someone who'll give you assist after assist, he's a striker and that's a job he does very well indeed so comparisons to Larsson are pretty pointless. I suspect he'd admit that Larsson is a more skilful player but becoming the SPL's all time record scorer is nothing to be sniffed at.

Congratulations to Boyd and to do it against Dundee Utd as well makes me smile.

Spot on.

I have yet to hear one single Rangers fan say otherwise.

In fact, if anything, almost every Rangers fan i speak to are more than happy to compliment the achievements of Larsson and laud his talents, stranglely the hooped hoarde or horrors seem incapable of reciprocating.

Strange eh? . :D

Associate
All this talk about Boyd being better than Larsson is laughable. I won't take away from Boyd the fact that he is the most prolific scorer in the SPL but he did take twice as long as Henke to get there. Boyd isn't fit to lace Henke's boots and Man Utd and Barcelona aren't exactly begging tubby to come play for them. Let's put things into perspective please.

As for statistics, Larsson has scored more goals against Celtic than Boyd has. :)

Don't forget that Henke also missed a full season due to a broken leg.

Septic Peg, whats your prediction for tomorrow? :cool:

Soldato
McWrong, don't be so over-confident for Celtic will click into place and give someone a hefty going over sometime soon and hopefully it'll be tomorrow.

My prediction is a 2-1 win for the Celts over the forces of darkness.

As for Celtic fans not complimenting Boyd on his achievement, it could be because of all the crowing we have heard from the demonic horde about Boyd being better than Larsson when he is clearly not. Check out the BBC boards if you are at all sceptical.

Associate
McWrong, don't be so over-confident for Celtic will click into place and give someone a hefty going over sometime soon and hopefully it'll be tomorrow.

My prediction is a 2-1 win for the Celts over the forces of darkness.

As for Celtic fans not complimenting Boyd on his achievement, it could be because of all the crowing we have heard from the demonic horde about Boyd being better than Larsson when he is clearly not. Check out the BBC boards if you are at all sceptical.

I also predict 2-1 but to the good guys.

Associate

The bears on the BBC website only attack the gullable.

You been falling for it Peg? :D

Hook line and sinker i`ll bet. :cool:

Soldato
Not at all, I merely help the Ragers fans by giving them an outlet for their anger, oh, so much anger and rage. It's a humanitarian gesture to the mentally unstable.

If Celtic win, expect the call to ring out from them for Smitty's removal ....... and the wives had better watch out too. Poor beaten wives.

Soldato
Well sounds like Celtic had a goal disallowed for a foul on the goalkeeper and Rangers should've been down to 10 men with a shocking tackle in the first half but so far 0-0. Been all Celtic in the first half so would be surprised if Rangers get anything out of the game today.

Soldato
Oh dear McDonald scores with four minutes on the pitch then Rangers run up and equalise. :eek:

No stats yet on BBC web site for the first half but something like all chances on goal were from Celtic.

"1415: Celtic have had eight attempts on target, Rangers have had one. "

Edit: Finishes 1-1, think Celtic should've won this but as usual they couldn't covert chances and the talking points will be the disallowed goal and tackle where Rangers should've been down to 10 men. On the whole Rangers will be very happy with the result.

Last edited:
Associate
Disallowed goal?

Since when are you allowed to push a goalkeeper`s arms out the way when he`s reaching for the ball? :)

I must say, if thats the best a fully fit C*ltic squad can do against Rangers` reserves then you really don`t deserve the title.

To be Champions, you have to beat Champions.

Soldato
Disallowed goal?

Since when are you allowed to push a goalkeeper`s arms out the way when he`s reaching for the ball? :)

I must say, if thats the best a fully fit C*ltic squad can do against Rangers` reserves then you really don`t deserve the title.

To be Champions, you have to beat Champions.

Just listened to it on the radio and pretty much every commentator was saying it was a valid goal but will wait until the highlights are up on BBC tonight.

I'm not a Celtic fan by the way. :o Certainly expected more from Celtic with the way they played today but as I said usual story with poor finishing and some nice saves from McGregor.

Soldato
My prediction was spot on but for the Ref inexplicably chopping off a perfectly legitimate goal (take off those blue tinted specs McWrong). Celtic completely dominated the game and had we not spurned chance after chance in front of goal it would have been a whitewash. The sooner we get rid of Samaras in exchange for a more direct and better striker the better.

Ragers tactics seemed to involve kicking everything but the ball and Lafferty should have walked after that horrendous tackle. Boyd did his usual 'invisible man' trick whenever he's up against a decent team.

The decisions of the official spoiled the game. Champions? More like chumps.

Associate
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8436131.stm
since when is it not a foul to knock the keepers hands out the way of the ball...
"
However, referee Steve Conroy ruled that the striker had led with the arm as he challenged McGregor to a miss-hit McGeady volley that flew high into the air.
Conroy appeared to have got that call right despite the resulting anger from the home support, but he was too lenient 11 minutes later when only producing a yellow card after Lafferty lunged dangerously, studs-first into Hinkel's shin."

Soldato
Listened on the radio a few said it was a goal a couple said in the modern game you dont get to touch the keeper and as such wasnt a goal. Had it been at other end would there be all the bickering from the green and greys over it being disallowed I dont think so. That apart MacGregor only had one save of note to make ad a cracker it was aswell by all accounts. Happy with a point as it was a weakend gers side out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom