SPL Season 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Just playing along with your paranoia oddie. Free kick that lead to their first was from a dive dont see any mention from you or Nor about that

My paranoia McMuff? All you seem able to do is complain about fouls before both Mothwell goals which no-one else can see. People in glass houses.

As for today's game, I was disappointed with the way our defence played bit you can't fault the bhoys up front. All we need is a little tightening up and as long as we score one more than the opposition I won't bother too much. Got a feeling the the Hibees will get a draw at the very least tomorrow so let's just wait and see shall we?

Associate
If only Hibs had already played their game in hand! If they had, then a win for either team tomorrow would be fantastic as a Rangers fan. In fact I'd love it if they'd throw the game just to get Celtic pumped down to 3rd!

On another note - where were all the teams in for the World Class traitor McGeady in the january transfer window? I was expecting a £20million transfer to a premiership club to take place :D

Soldato
Lay off McGeady, I could see your point if Scotland had actually offered him a place in the team but Ireland beat them to it after Scotland had ignored him for years. He wants to play international football and Ireland offered it to him while Scotland seemed to be rejecting him. Go bleat elsewhere.

Soldato
McGeady is one of the better players in the current Celtic side and has shown his qualities in recent weeks, he just needs to calm down a bit for picking up needless bookings for dissent, especially with the Old Firm game coming up that he might miss. I expect him to move to England next summer but would Celtic accept anything less than £10 million for him, especially with the furore from the fans if he goes?

Anyway, Rangers will need to be on top form to beat Hibs tomorrow so we'll see if their fans are gloating more by the end of the day.

Soldato
Hibs will be another tough one. Second form team we face in 4 days hopefully we have enough to take all 3 points as we could be at full strength player wise but most of those players wont be 100% match fit. Amazed to see the dons score 4 though especially as up until then they had only managed to scored 8 at home all season.

Soldato
Bit of a fright for Rangers that Boyd might've missed the OF game due to a booking for violent conduct but looking like it's for a lesser offence so he should be available.

Associate
Lay off McGeady, I could see your point if Scotland had actually offered him a place in the team but Ireland beat them to it after Scotland had ignored him for years. He wants to play international football and Ireland offered it to him while Scotland seemed to be rejecting him. Go bleat elsewhere.

I have never been approached by Scotland to play for the team. However, although my gran once visited New Zeland AND sent me a postcard I can honestly say that I would turn down a place in their team.

Soldato
Ten point clear again. I'll settle for that. Also news just in crisis at parkhead. Hoopy the huddlehound has gone missing. Looks like thats another lead Mowbray couldn't hold on to. :D

Soldato
Big White Dope you make no sense. McGeady has been an outstanding player from a very young age and as such scouts where often in the crowd watching him, just none from the Scotland team. Is it McGeady's fault that Ireland made their move years before Scotland and then, only when he had broken through to the Celtic team.

I'm not surprised that you've never been approached to play for Scotland either, or New Zealand. If your football skills are as good as your less than witty commnets it's a given you've been ignored.

Soldato
Great news from celtic park today. Interim results just in show profits even though there was no Champs league income. Was not expecting that and its very re-assuring to know that the club is financially stable.
Hopefully, we can attract a decent manager to get the best out of the squad Mowbray has assembled !

Soldato
Great news from celtic park today. Interim results just in show profits even though there was no Champs league income. Was not expecting that and its very re-assuring to know that the club is financially stable.
Hopefully, we can attract a decent manager to get the best out of the squad Mowbray has assembled !

You wont see the true reflection in terms of lack of Champions League revenue until next years figures.

All Champions League money is distributed between the clubs who competed in the competition when the competition ends, these figures produced today take only the gate receipts/merchandise/etc from European involvement into consideration and the lack of Champions League paritcipation has indeed effected the figures.

Full year figures will more than likely see a further increase in debt due to the fact lack of Champions League money at the end of the season including such things as less home games being played in the 6months etc etc.

Not a Rangers fan trying to make more of the figures than they are but I am just stating a few of the facts for you thats all, no doubt someone will say I'm wrong or take offence but as stated all CL money is payed at the end of the competition.

Also of not January sales don't count in these figures :)

Got a feeling the the Hibees will get a draw at the very least tomorrow so let's just wait and see shall we?

We waited and we saw mate, you will no doubt harp on about some "questionable" decisions but Rangers were terrific in the 2nd Half yesterday and we thoroughly deserved to win the game.

I don't like to say it's over yet but to be fair we are 2 wins away from winning the title, if we beat St Johnstone and then Celtic at home we will be home and dry.

2 things have to happen for Celtic to win the league....

Rangers must essentially lose 4 games
Celtic must win all their remaining game

Both will likely not happen, though never say never.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom