SPL Season 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
But they havent improvent the team have they?
Still missing chance after chance infront of goal.
What is it £65k a week for keane? You avin a laff, done no better that samaras or mcdonald tbh.

I'm not expressing an opinion on whether Keane will be better in time but do you not think you are a shade premature writing him off after precisely one game for Celtic? He may be a hopeless flop given time but unless you are remarkably prescient you're expressing an opinion on something that could change significantly.

Soldato
I'm not expressing an opinion on whether Keane will be better in time but do you not think you are a shade premature writing him off after precisely one game for Celtic? He may be a hopeless flop given time but unless you are remarkably prescient you're expressing an opinion on something that could change significantly.
We will just have to wait and see then ;)
Just my opinion that he will fail tbh.

Associate
OP
I picked up on some stark talk from Walter today

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8497395.stm

He's pretty candid about the financial situation at Rangers and has pointed out that, even if they win the treble, it won’t get any better over the summer. When the team is winning on the park, it's easy to forget that off-field success is equally important to a club's prosperity.

This, rather conveniently, throws up a contrast to Celtic's current problems. The incumbent board has always taken a great pride in running the club within sound financial parameters. This prudence has, in my view, meant Celtic have failed to capitalise on recent successful spells and as a result are playing second fiddle to a club who haven't bought a player in 2 years.

Lots of teams have gone from boom to bust (Hearts, Dundee, Leeds spring to mind), is it worth it?

Would I like Celtic be top of the league and chasing a treble? Of course I would. Even if it meant being debt-stricken and financially screwed? No thanks.

Rangers fans, would you take a few trophy-less seasons if it meant your debt was wiped out? Is it hard to care when the team is winning so easily?

Associate
A football club exists to win trophies. I'm quite happy with our current financial and league positions. We will not lose all our best players over the summer - even a bank will see that we need good players to win tournaments and generate further revenue.

Here's to the treble!

Soldato
Rangers inability to win away from home in the cup starts to effect them in the league. Celts win easily against Hearts and pull the gap back to 8 points. Should Celtic win the next Old Firm game, I think Rangers will wobble and drop more points which could leave the title hanging on the last Old Firm game at Ibrox. Bring it on.

The gap should really be down to 7 points as Motherwell where denied a perfectly good second goal against Rangers. This is something which could effect the title race and once again Rangers get the benefit of the referees mistakes.

Soldato
Ah a celtic win and removed is back what happened last week removed were you out of the country? As for the goal chalked off yup not much wrong with it but then Bougherra was being held back when the ball was played is so there should have been a foul given for that.

Please refrain from calling him that in future.

Soldato
McMav, if Boyd didn't go down so easily (reminds me of a cheap hooker) he would get some of those decisions but maybe the referee realised how cheap the freekick had been and waved away what you would have us believe was a horrendous tackle in the box.

Nor

Nor

Associate
Anyone have any footage of this Rangers penalty? I watched the game and saw the replays, but just seemed like Boyd fell to the ground under no contact?

Soldato
Nor, that's about all the footage there is. Boyd falls with minimal contact, referee dismisses it yet no booking for the dive. Motherwell score a perfectly good second goal and it's ruled offside. Both judgements in favour of Rangers.

Nor

Nor

Associate
Found the footage:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8509728.stm

1.30 free kick given

2.45 penalty not given

Both incidents are pretty much identical. Boyd is a great finisher, but he lets himself down with all the diving and falling down. If he tried to improve his game and become a more robust striker he could be even better.

Freekick shouldn't have been given, and Boyd was lucky not to see a yellow card for diving both times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom