** Star Wars Episode VII - SPOILERS WITHIN **

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

There's a few others, but I'll leave this as my last video..

The sword in the stone bit is my fave haha

Associate
Thinking about it I do tooo. If their calling the films VII, VIII and IX its going to be about the skywalkers/ Luke and the rebellion.

Soldato
It may have been mentioned earlier in the thread, but I do vaguely remember hearing/reading years ago that George Lucas always wanted to make it a 9 part saga. Presumably Disney are just taking on the mantle with GL as creative consultant. I can think of other words to call him though. Hopefully he won't have too much control/input in it.

Soldato
It got all sparky and bright with the merchandising assoicated with epsidoe 6, and was made worse by episodes 1 2 and 3.
Star wars was destroyed many many years ago, we just refused to believe it.

Disney cannot possibly make it worse, if they actually make a kids movie, then it'll be a good kids movie. They won't make the Lucas mistake.

There is no try, they will do. Either a film for kids, or a film for everyone. Marketing and merchandising they will make, Jar Jar they will not. Film they will make, not CGI with wooden human puppets.

i agree - some people are saying it will ruin starwars - have they not seen eps 1-3?!?!!?
my starwars childhood was already ruined by GL - disney deserve the chance to pull some of that back - at the very least they could hire someone you actually knows how to make films, something GL seems to have forgotten a long time ago.

Soldato
I actually have high hopes for the Disney - Star Wars venture, I mean as others have said they have done a terrific job with the Marvel films, and even Tron 2.0 wasn't that bad!

Okay lets face it, George Lucas has pretty much **** all over his franchises, Episode 1 - 3 where okay in parts but overall where pretty dire.... The whole Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull really sounded the death bell for George Lucas as a director!

I do think episodes 7,8 and 9 will be good, as long as Disney don't stick to the original storyline and script religiously that was posted online several years ago... But I do agree that the Skywalker's are done for a major release, maybe a tv series?

What I'd really like to see is the Darth Bane trilogy made into films.... though with someone like James Cameron directing!

Man of Honour
I actually have high hopes for the Disney - Star Wars venture, I mean as others have said they have done a terrific job with the Marvel films, and even Tron 2.0 wasn't that bad!

Okay lets face it, George Lucas has pretty much **** all over his franchises, Episode 1 - 3 where okay in parts but overall where pretty dire.... The whole Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull really sounded the death bell for George Lucas as a director!

I do think episodes 7,8 and 9 will be good, as long as Disney don't stick to the original storyline and script religiously that was posted online several years ago... But I do agree that the Skywalker's are done for a major release, maybe a tv series?

What I'd really like to see is the Darth Bane trilogy made into films.... though with someone like James Cameron directing!

Drew Karpyshyn or whatever can't write books to save his life. The Bane series just seemed like him writing whilst 8 years old and dreaming up new ad ridiculous stuff just because he could.

Fundamentally, hs ideas are awesome, but their execution is below par even for average fan fiction. Most of the Darth Bane books must be disposed of in order to make a decent film...

However, if we're talking 7, 8, and 9, I suspect these won't be history sequels, as such...

Soldato
according to news today ford, hamill and fisher are interested in starring in the new movies and have already been approached.... not sure how true it is but would be cool if they at least made a short appearance in the new films despite there age.

Associate
according to news today ford, hamill and fisher are interested in starring in the new movies and have already been approached.... not sure how true it is but would be cool if they at least made a short appearance in the new films despite there age.
They should appear because of their age, not despite it. Actors coming back to a role years later that have aged along with heir characters is a wonderful thing. In this age of digital trickery, age makeup still looks bogus.

Associate
You mean like they did with the marvel films..... oh wait.

Yes, just like they did with Marvel films.... Oh, wait.

Your clever sarcasm is clever, and sarcastic. Who'd er thunk it.

Some of the Marvel films I thought were ok, I enjoyed the first Iron Man film. But that's a completely different situation. Star Wars is a franchise that's already got a film history going back to the 70's. And perhaps I am being overly cynical about it, but only because I've been progressively more disappointed with every film since Empire Strikes Back. With the Marvel stuff I never read any of the comics, so it was essentially all new to me when the films started arriving.

I guess we'll see... But for the time being I'll stick to my cynicism, and leave you to play with your Marvel action figurines.

Associate

I'm surprised by that. I thought Ford hated the whole of Star Wars? He's never had anything nice to say about the movies he was in.

Soldato
Ford's hatred of Star Wars probably came before he made millions from it and still continues to make.

The original actors would make a great cameo in the new films, sets the stage and authenticates it for fans of the films.

Isn't the 7th book set 30-40 years a head of episode 6 which would make them all pensioners anyway.

Soldato
They should appear because of their age, not despite it. Actors coming back to a role years later that have aged along with heir characters is a wonderful thing. In this age of digital trickery, age makeup still looks bogus.

Most defo, I'm getting quite excited by 3 more star wars films.

To have some of the original cast that would be amazing.

I feel like I am reliving my childhood! :cool:

Soldato
as much as i'd liek teh original main cast back lets be honest ..... the only one that could work is ford as solo ....as a bounty hunter age wouldn't really matter .

hamill playing skywalker again .......ok weve had old jedi ... but not sure would be the same as you woudl be comparing him to his younger self and young obi-one :(

and leia ........not looking to hot these days

Back
Top Bottom