** Star Wars Episode VII - SPOILERS WITHIN **

Associate
9 Years :) They would still be far too old. Leia was supposed to be around 16/17 in a new hope.

They can't carry off anything 40 years later. 30 would be pushing it I think.

Agreed.

Carrie-Fisher-en-la-actualidad.jpg

Airborne_Promo_dayleicesterdone07.jpg

billy-dee-williams-eye-black-2012-directors-12pWBC.jpg

GAC

GAC

Soldato
not sure why people keep banging on about various books after the first trilogy, as disney has already stated it would be new stuff.

as for having the cast back from the first trilogy it could work as long as its set 35-40 years after the end of jedi. also dont underestimate the urge to get in shape for a few million dollars.

Soldato
not sure why people keep banging on about various books after the first trilogy, as disney has already stated it would be new stuff.

as for having the cast back from the first trilogy it could work as long as its set 35-40 years after the end of jedi. also dont underestimate the urge to get in shape for a few million dollars.

Exactly, easily get in shape and fit in with a movie set 40 years later. Not as the main cast perhaps but definitely to help things along. I'd hope more than a 5 second cameo.

Also, Harrison Ford is immortal. So he is fine.

Associate
Whatever story Lucas had in mind for Episode 7 would certainly lend itself more towards them being older than the books picked up from anyway. Skip to 3.20 in the interview below from 1983. Quite interesting what has obviously been discussed to some extent even back then. Disney could go a completely different route of course but I was surprised at anything even being mentioned about it then.

Caporegime
God, they look old now.

Actually, I was thinking about this the other day. I think Harrison Ford has aged better than anyone!

3YQWl.jpg.png

Bit of hair dye and he'd look just like he always has.

If he's in the new one, I'll definitely be getting excited for it. One of the best actors ever.

Soldato
Exactly, easily get in shape and fit in with a movie set 40 years later. Not as the main cast perhaps but definitely to help things along. I'd hope more than a 5 second cameo.

Also, Harrison Ford is immortal. So he is fine.

its been banged on because ALL the books set after return of the jedi ( begininng with the thrawn series ) ARE / IS the star wars story continued.

disney would have to say " sorry its bs " to ignore it and make there own version........but seeign as how star trek has been butchered anything is possible

Soldato
Whether Disney run with it or not there are already scripts for 7,8 and 9 that have been available for some time...

Apparently the emperor as some sort of force ghost is a central premise to the story!

GAC

GAC

Soldato

il quote myself for those who seem to keep missing it.

but DISNEY HAVE SAID IT WILL BE NEW MATERIAL!!!!!

so for all we know it could be a trilogy about oxygen farmers :D

Caporegime
Weird typing in celebrity net worths and it comes up as Ford worth $200 million, Hammill $6 million and Fisher $2.5 million, not sure if theyre legit or not but if theyre somewhat close its suprising for Hammill and Fisher considering the success of Star Wars.

Soldato
Apparently they have signed Michael Arndt (who wrote Toy Story 3) to write it, and there will be appearances by Hamill and Fisher. :eek:

Whether this is rubbish I don't know.

Confirmed on BBC

New story and new characters with an appearance of the old actors too. Not sure how I feel about this. I guess the same as since the original announcement, it could be good, it might be awful, there's just no way to know!

Soldato
Confirmed on BBC

New story and new characters with an appearance of the old actors too. Not sure how I feel about this. I guess the same as since the original announcement, it could be good, it might be awful, there's just no way to know!

If Lucas isn't writing it then we've got nothing to worry about :p Of course, we don't know the details of the agreement. Maybe it's written in that GL gets to approve scripts - or even contribute if he likes. Don't forget, he's a pretty smart businessman, and if he's Executive Producer then he's obviously not ready to cut his ties to SW just yet.

I have no issue with any of the old cast making a comeback. As long as Fisher doesn't try and get back into that gold bikini again (hurrrrrrrrrrrl :( )

Back
Top Bottom