** Star Wars Episode VII - SPOILERS WITHIN **

Soldato
It could work maybe if they didnt resurrect him, say he had a cousin or something who happened to have a similar accident. Like he fell into a vat of molten chocolate.

Soldato
Unfortunately, I can actually see them bringing Vader back. It could possibly work if they do it right....but obviously the potential for facepalm is definitely there :(

Off the top of my head......maybe when Vader died he produced 2 ghosts - the Anakin one we saw at the end of RotJ and an evil Vader one. The evil one influences whoever the new bad guys are, but doesn't play a major role. Almost like the Emperor in TESB?

Soldato
The only way they could bring back Vader is if Luke falls to the dark side and becomes him. It's something that might work, especially if it's done in a similar vein to the way they got one actor to be the 'body' (David Prowse) of Darth Vader and another to do the 'voice' (James Earl Jones) in the originals. Given how aged Mark Hamill looks these days, and his extensive career in doing voice work, I don't think it would be that far fetched to see him do the voice work for Vader and let someone else do the physical role.

Soldato
Unfortunately, I can actually see them bringing Vader back. It could possibly work if they do it right....but obviously the potential for facepalm is definitely there :(

Off the top of my head......maybe when Vader died he produced 2 ghosts - the Anakin one we saw at the end of RotJ and an evil Vader one. The evil one influences whoever the new bad guys are, but doesn't play a major role. Almost like the Emperor in TESB?

I never understood how Anakin came back as a Ghost as Yoda never taught him the secret to doing so.

I really don't know how they could bring back Vader and I don't really see the need to as they can make new "badass" Sith.

Last edited:
Associate
lmao, there's not a chance in hell they'd resurrect Vader. The closest they'd get would be Anakin returning as a force ghost as he was redeemed. Disney are bound to know what the backlash would be after all the hate piled upon the series due to arbitrary decisions made like greedo shooting first, crappy CGI and JarJar, the reaction to Vader's resurrection would be the same. They also have no need to rehash an old iconic villain, just look at the success they had with a new one in the form of Darth Maul despite his short lived screen presence.

Soldato
lmao, there's not a chance in hell they'd resurrect Vader. The closest they'd get would be Anakin returning as a force ghost as he was redeemed. Disney are bound to know what the backlash would be after all the hate piled upon the series due to arbitrary decisions made like greedo shooting first, crappy CGI and JarJar, the reaction to Vader's resurrection would be the same. They also have no need to rehash an old iconic villain, just look at the success they had with a new one in the form of Darth Maul despite his short lived screen presence.

I soo hope you're right. Unfortunately, I feel given the ridiculous decisions made before with the Star Wars prequels, who knows whether Disney will learn from those mistakes and make better decisions? I seriously would not assume anything is necessarily in safe hands at the moment, until we learn more about what they have planned.

Back
Top Bottom