** Star Wars Episode VII - SPOILERS WITHIN **

Caporegime
Nobody picks those terrible prequels apart like Mr Plinkett. Check his reviews out for both their comedy value and in depth tearing apart of the ridiculous plots :)

Yeah I have seen them and some other excellent stuff on youtube, some extremely long :D The originals are no different though, there's plenty of pap in those too.

Caporegime
I agree. but it's kind of more insulting with the prequels as they are more modern (if that makes any sense) :)

Yeah I never understood why he didn't make 7 onwards first when the original cast were younger. Show how strong Luke got and then the prequels wouldn't have looked so odd when you saw so many jedi and sith fighting.

Now they are somehow going to use the original actors and have to leave a huge gap they cannot fill in a time line without casting other people anyway. Personally I think they should have just recast and gone for a time line a bit closer to Jedi.

Who knows it may work, they could have just used the originals for one off spin off films like they mentioned. Tbh I'm enjoying the clone war series's more than any of the films anyway so far.

Soldato
Yes because Obi wan doing a 360 in new hope at 1mph while facing Vader was a supremely clever and elegant move :D There were supposed to be masters of the force, not two old guys on strictly come dancing.

They are not supposed to be slow old plodding knights wielding a 100lb sword they are supposed to be masters of the force that can fight while hurling things at each other. The ONLY reason there was any tension in the original fights is because you didn't know what would happen when you watched them in 1980.

One was super old and hadn't picked up a Light Sabre in decades and another was a clunky quadrapldric robot

Caporegime
One was super old and hadn't picked up a Light Sabre in decades and another was a clunky quadriplegic robot

which makes the fighting in the prequels all the more poignant

Obi Wan is an apprentice on the brink of becoming a master. He is full of youth and enthusiasm, and given he was neither very old, nor a clunky quadriplegic robot, he had no reason to be throwing a light sabre round like they were 16th century knights as they directed to in the originals.

Qui-Gon Jinn was a master at the peak of powers, again, it made no sense for him to be slow or clunky either for the same reasons.

I really don't get the hate for this, they were younger, more powerful. These guys were true masters of the force. It would have been wrong if they were acting like old men.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Exactly and it doesn't matter than Vader was a "quadriplegic robot" this was the Sith we are led to believe mopped up the remnants of the Jedi. He must have bored them to death :D

Sadly it's the time it was filmed, I'm sure if he was making it now the fight with Luke would be far more than angry over hand repeated swipes :D

I imagine if you didn't like the power and fighting of the Jedi in the prequels, these up coming films won't be for you, but then again the whole idea will be to hook another generation of children, not 40 something cynical old men :D

Soldato
i disagree that jedi was twaddle - sure it had the ewoks, but there was a lot of really good stuff in there. Frankly the prequels make jedi look like citizen kane.

The second rate Muppet show that was the first 30-40 mins was worse than the Ewoks!

I have high hopes for the new movies. The way the Marvel stuff has been handled after Disney acquired them has been superb. Hope the new SW follows the same way.

Soldato
Exactly and it doesn't matter than Vader was a "quadriplegic robot" this was the Sith we are led to believe mopped up the remnants of the Jedi. He must have bored them to death :D

Sadly it's the time it was filmed, I'm sure if he was making it now the fight with Luke would be far more than angry over hand repeated swipes :D

I imagine if you didn't like the power and fighting of the Jedi in the prequels, these up coming films won't be for you, but then again the whole idea will be to hook another generation of children, not 40 something cynical old men :D

as a 40 something cynical old man i disagree.

Caporegime
OP
I enjoy all the films, they have their pros and cons (both original trilogy and prequels) 90% of the hating on the prequels is just nostalgia. Everyone I've shown both trilogies to (who hadn't seen either before) has not had these complaints.

Disney have done wonders with the MCU, I can't think of many better to be bringing Star Wars back to the big screen.

Caporegime
Yes because Obi wan doing a 360 in new hope at 1mph while facing Vader was a supremely clever and elegant move :D There were supposed to be masters of the force, not two old guys on strictly come dancing.

They are not supposed to be slow old plodding knights wielding a 100lb sword they are supposed to be masters of the force that can fight while hurling things at each other. The ONLY reason there was any tension in the original fights is because you didn't know what would happen when you watched them in 1980.

I disagree with that.

Obi wan is an old man by then Vader and Obi-wan are tired old relics of the by gone era. Take into account hes meant to have spent the last 20 odd years learning to become a blue glowy force apparition. (clone wars) He sacrifices himself to inspire Luke to take revenge with more purpose.

The original 3 where cutting edge SFX films too, utter style over substance, bad scripts but with some very charismatic performances and epic story to tell

Industrial light and magic broke new ground with the ambition and scale of their scenes.

The films all have their good points and they all have bits ill skip right past too.

The start of 3 over Coruscant.
The start of 5 on Hoth
The end of 6 - even the ewoks..

Ill happily fast forward Yoda in 5/6
Most of ep1 Gungans meh

Last edited:
Soldato
We have a full house!

Original Star Wars actors Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill will feature in Star Wars, Episode VII, the latest film in the franchise.

Other actors confirmed are John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow.

Star Wars, Episode VII will start shooting at Pinewood Studios near London next month.

Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker will also return

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27210448

Man of Honour
Ford, Fisher and Hamill battling round the universe aged 71, 57 and 62.

May the farce be with you.

Film is set 30 years after RotJ, so they're about right wouldn't you say?

But I agree that Max von Sydow should be the bad guy. Serkis, I'm assuming is because there's going to be a full CGI character again so they may as well get someone who is used to it.

Back
Top Bottom