** Star Wars Episode VII - SPOILERS WITHIN **

Soldato
We have a full house!

Original Star Wars actors Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill will feature in Star Wars, Episode VII, the latest film in the franchise.

Other actors confirmed are John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow.

Star Wars, Episode VII will start shooting at Pinewood Studios near London next month.

Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker will also return

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27210448

Ooo Look NO ZACH EF(in)RON!! or any other Disney Club Numpties... What a Shocker!!! ;) :p

I was down at pinewood today on the star wars lot, quite interesting :)

Had to sign a NDA so no gossip :D

Well why mention it then!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad: :p

Soldato
Exactly

This film will probably break all box office records and surpass even avatar's takings at the box office.

The percentage of those people who will be disappointed that the fan fiction known as the expanded universe got binned off will be minuscule.

This is unlikely, audiences don't forget terrible films (the last three), just like they don't forget good ones. Besides, the people behind the screenplay are Lawrence Kasdan, who is way past his expiration date, and J.J. Abrams, who has not written any screenplays that lead to a film with a score above 7.5 on IMDB.
It will probably be a generic scifi action fest designed to milk as much money as possible from the franchise before its inevitable death.

Caporegime
This is unlikely, audiences don't forget terrible films (the last three),

Under what grounds do you class the last 3 as terrible ?

Even episode 3, the most CGI orientated of the 3, post jar jar binks managed to break records on its opening.

This is from wikipedia

The film was released in 115 countries. Its worldwide gross eventually reached nearly $850 million—making it the top film of 2005.[58] The film earned an estimated $16.91 million from 2,900 midnight screenings in North America upon its release. In total, it earned a record $50 million on its opening day.[59] It was surpassed the following year by Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, which earned $55.5 million on its opening day.[60]

With only the May 19 earnings, the film broke four box office records: midnight screenings gross (previously held by The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, $8 million), opening day gross (Spider-Man 2, with $40.4 million), single day gross (Shrek 2 with $44.8 million) and Thursday gross (The Matrix Reloaded with $37.5 million).[59] Its single day gross record and opening day gross record were later surpassed by Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest on July 7, 2006, when that movie grossed $55.5 million on its opening day,[60] and midnight screening gross was broken by The Dark Knight on July 18, 2008 with $18.5 million.[61] It still retains its record for Thursday gross, however.

Yeah. Terrible film.

Take off your star wars fanboy hat, realize you sound like the comic book guy from the simpsons, and realize that the vast majority of the people who watched the newest 3 star wars films loved them.

Soldato
Under what grounds do you class the last 3 as terrible ?

Even episode 3, the most CGI orientated of the 3, post jar jar binks managed to break records on its opening.

This is from wikipedia

Yeah. Terrible film.

Take off your star wars fanboy hat, realize you sound like the comic book guy from the simpsons, and realize that the vast majority of the people who watched the newest 3 star wars films loved them.

Just because people went to see the films does not mean they loved them. The ratings were mediocre across the board, from critics to audiences. You don't have to be a film critic to notice the quality of the writing and acting decreased significantly.

The total earnings of the last 3 films were lower than the earnings of the first 3, adjusted for inflation. Consider that many foreign markets did not even exist in the 70's and 80's and that the drop in earnings in the US was ~50%.

Also, I'm not a fanboy, I've only seen the first films once, thought they were ok but I understood why so many people love them. I also understand that the latest films' success is mostly due to the success of the previous ones.

Caporegime
OP
Just because people went to see the films does not mean they loved them. The ratings were mediocre across the board, from critics to audiences. You don't have to be a film critic to notice the quality of the writing and acting decreased significantly.

But you just said audiences don't forget terrible films? If they were so bad then why did all three films of the trilogy do very well?

Soldato
A recently aquired mate of mine from Snowboarding meet in Tignes is working on the set of this. He paints the sets and recently got the contract for it.

I need to make a visit to our Medical division in Hemel Hemstead where he lives so I might be able to drop in. He said we could come out real cheap to Abu Dhabi when he goes out there for a few weeks. (not sure if that was to shoot star wars or not like).

Overall, i'm not getting hyped about this but i'm hearing plenty promising things so far. Casting looks good so could turn out well.

Soldato
But you just said audiences don't forget terrible films? If they were so bad then why did all three films of the trilogy do very well?

Most people loved the first 3 films so they had see the origins story. The opinions are quite mixed on the last 3 so the new ones will be riding a very different wave, which means that revenue will be created by quality, not just trademark. With JJ and that old guy writing the script, I doubt the quality will be out of this world.

Caporegime

The total earnings of the last 3 films were lower than the earnings of the first 3, adjusted for inflation. Consider that many foreign markets did not even exist in the 70's and 80's and that the drop in earnings in the US was ~50%.

Also, I'm not a fanboy, I've only seen the first films once, thought they were ok but I understood why so many people love them. I also understand that the latest films' success is mostly due to the success of the previous ones.

You can't mistake the opinions of critics and raving star wars fan boys on the internet for the opinion of the mass population who saw those movies.

Were the films amazing pieces of cinematography worthy of multiple awards ? No.

Did the vast majority of people who went to see them enjoy them ? Yes

Will the new films do really well and take loads of money at the box office ? Yes. I'll be back next year when the box office numbers are in to gloat :p

Back
Top Bottom