** Star Wars Episode VII - SPOILERS WITHIN **

Caporegime
Quick question for the hardcore star wars fans, over the years I've heard many people say that original cut of episode 4 didn't work well and the movie was "saved" by a re-edit. Did any versions of that original cut ever surface online or was it essentially destroyed?

Soldato
^

Never heard of that! There was rough cut shown to Fox executives when the SFX were not completed and they had to splice footage of dog fights from WWII where the Battle of Yarvin was supposed to be

I think there was a couple of scenes cut from that when the final cut was made, which included Luke seeing the Blockade runner/Star Destroyer shoot out at the beginning of the movie with his binoculars from the ground

Lucas was on such a tight time limit and budget that pretty much every scrap of film was used. As far as i know the most lengthy scene omitted is part of that scene Rob posted above, Luke talking to Biggs and some other friends.

Caporegime
Wonder if Darth Maul will make a reappearance at some point, from what I was reading a while back he's supposedly not dead and has robotic legs or something along those lines? For all the hype the character got pre episode 1 release he wasn't in it much at all.

Soldato
Wonder if Darth Maul will make a reappearance at some point, from what I was reading a while back he's supposedly not dead and has robotic legs or something along those lines? For all the hype the character got pre episode 1 release he wasn't in it much at all.

Just like the clone wars animation (cgi one) then.

Soldato
I've just finished watching The Clone Wars with my lad and I quite enjoyed it. Now part of this is that fact he loves star wars now but still I thought it was ok and bar Darth Maul I haven't been impressed with star wars since the ewoks popped their cute little furry faces into the franchise but kind of turned me off epi VI.

Soldato
They really trying put fan's minds at rest with all the photo + videos they are releasing that this is going to me like the OT than the PT, and you know what, it's working like a charm on me.

Soldato
In what way? Just being a good film or in action? Action wise I doubt it will be anything like the original and more like the prequel.

I doubt it's going to have that level of meaningless crap flying round the screen like in the PT. If there's any space battle you can be sure it'll be like ROTJ

Back
Top Bottom