State of Decay 2

Soldato
I don't really get this. I kinda understand people not wanting to buy games on origin, uplay etc.. as you need another client running but Windows store is built in to OS so makes no difference

Caporegime
I don't really get this. I kinda understand people not wanting to buy games on origin, uplay etc.. as you need another client running but Windows store is built in to OS so makes no difference

There's no guarantee it will remain as such.
Microsoft have precedent for ditching products whereas I just played half life 1 from steam literally the other week.

Man of Honour

Doesnt really bother me, I have games on windows store, I have games on steam, I have games on Uplay and I have games on Origin. Now, the vast majority, probably 90% of my games are on steam (stuff like Battlefield, Titanfall, Assassins Creed, The Division are on Uplay/Origin) but it really doesnt bother me, I would certainly not deprive myself of dozens of hours of entertainment just because its on a different client.

Soldato

If there was ZERO chance that this would hit Steam I would pull ther trigger now.

However as others have mentioned I prefer Steam, its a better platform. None of that rubbish that when you reinstall your OS it knackers your games.

I have suffered that pain with GOW4 a few too many times.....

Man of Honour
Most games make it to Steam eventually. I still have the usual backlog before I could even contemplate this anyway. Just convenient to have everything in one place on a well supported platform.

Associate
I managed to get the game pre ordered about 1 hour before release crazy turns out I just had to sign out and in again weird. I noticed something interesting about the ultimate edition though. Undead labs the games developers failed to mantion on the pre order bonuses that the ultimate edition comes with its own pre order content and not just the standard "preppers pack". I noticed when I pressed O to bring up the help menu in the game I had two different sets of pre order bonuses. The ultimate edition pre order sets and the preppers pack pre order set. Even more interesting you also get a special ultimate edition pre order vehicle also totally missing from the pre order bonuses though. It was a nice surprise getting a lot more pre order stuff ;).

Permabanned
I've found an annoying bug, When you use the mouse to move around the screen in the desktop (not gaming) you have a small arrow pointer. In the game you use that arrow in the menu's and when you come out of the inventory or some other menu like a garden menu you find that more often than not your arrow stays on screen and then you find yourself in a situation where you can't continue to (as an example) turn around because the arrow has hit the edge of the screen stopping you, You then have to mess around going in and out of of a menu until it decides to remove the bloomin arrow.

Associate
I've found an annoying bug, When you use the mouse to move around the screen in the desktop (not gaming) you have a small arrow pointer. In the game you use that arrow in the menu's and when you come out of the inventory or some other menu like a garden menu you find that more often than not your arrow stays on screen and then you find yourself in a situation where you can't continue to (as an example) turn around because the arrow has hit the edge of the screen stopping you, You then have to mess around going in and out of of a menu until it decides to remove the bloomin arrow.
This and shadows for me are broken they don't move properly with fluid motion instead lagging. My 1070 strix plays the game silky smooth though.

Permabanned
As for the Store I have so far bought the Gears of War 4, Gears of War Ultimate edition & State of Decay 2 Ultimate edition but, whenever possible I will avoid using the Windows store. I dislike how they block access to the files and how something as simple as making a desktop shortcut for a Windows store game is impossible meaning you either add it to the taskbar or scroll through the start menu alphabet whenever you want to play the game. If we had definite news about the Steam edition I would have waited like I did with Quantum Break,

Associate
As for the Store I have so far bought the Gears of War 4, Gears of War Ultimate edition & State of Decay 2 Ultimate edition but, whenever possible I will avoid using the Windows store. I dislike how they block access to the files and how something as simple as making a desktop shortcut for a Windows store game is impossible meaning you either add it to the taskbar or scroll through the start menu alphabet whenever you want to play the game. If we had definite news about the Steam edition I would have waited like I did with Quantum Break,
Me to and I had absolutely no idea they blocked access to the games files?. I hope that mods will be able to be installed still because I would hate to miss out on those I know the developers hinted at the workshop being allowed on steam but they never answered the question with a yes or no just "we will see".

Permabanned
This and shadows for me are broken they don't move properly with fluid motion instead lagging. My 1070 strix plays the game silky smooth though.

I'm currently trying to find the sweet spot between visuals & performance as I'm running 3440x1440 with an RX480 at the moment.

I hadn't noticed an issue with shadows but I'm sure I will now you've told me about it.

Thanks for that. :rolleyes:

:D

Associate
I'm currently trying to find the sweet spot between visuals & performance as I'm running 3440x1440 with an RX480 at the moment.

I hadn't noticed an issue with shadows but I'm sure I will now you've told me about it.

Thanks for that. :rolleyes:

:D
Not sure what graphics card you are using but I am currently running the game on ultra with V-SYNC enabled and my gtx 1070 strix is running on prefer maximum performance mode and my computer power settings are on high performance mode. Yes please, check your shadows I would really love if you could do so. Look for shadows of the trees and just stand their for a while track the shadows :D. Enjoy the game ;).

Associate
One of my favourite aspects of the original State of Decay was the sheer variety of firearms and different calibres! I'm slightly concerned that they've toned this down in State of Decay 2. Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

Permabanned
Not sure what graphics card you are using but I am currently running the game on ultra with V-SYNC enabled and my gtx 1070 strix is running on prefer maximum performance mode and my computer power settings are on high performance mode. Yes please, check your shadows I would really love if you could do so. Look for shadows of the trees and just stand their for a while track the shadows :D. Enjoy the game ;).

Oddly enough I went in game and it after a bit of running around and surveying the game went like in the picture forcing me to close it down to desktop, since then I can't run high shadows in the settings without loads of flickering so I've been forced to put shadows to low. It may be that AMD need to do a driver update for it buy so far it's not been going great.

Regarding the mouse pointer issue:
I found that going to the menu and pressing resume with the mouse pointer reliably removes it from the game.

F1AWkKLh.png.jpg

One of my favourite aspects of the original State of Decay was the sheer variety of firearms and different calibres! I'm slightly concerned that they've toned this down in State of Decay 2. Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

So far I've only come across one .22 pistol, one 9mm pistol and a sniper rifle so I can't say yet, I'll post here once I know more.

Back
Top Bottom