Stealing drinks out of the works fridge

Associate
Somebody at my old job used to steal my milk out of a flask that I brought in, even though there was plenty of milk left. Not a little bit either, most of the time the flask was bone dry when it came to dinner.

I had enough one day so started leaving rancid milk in there, funnily enough it stopped after a story went around the office of a guy getting mid way through his cereal and finding that the milk was starting to curdle :D

Soldato
I agree with no mercy, laxatives mixed with super strong chilli :D

**** em, do they even know it's yours? They would also have to admit to stealing to make a complaint. Which is something you can be sacked on the spot for.

Soldato
What I don't understand is why people can be prosecuted for other people stealing their drinks?

If I left a bottle of pop containing MY medication mixed with it, and some tit stole it....sorry, that's their problem

Soldato
I don't intend for anyone to steal it? Perhaps that's the difference. They know someone WILL steal it....but again, that's the thiefs problem. Don't steal
It's because it's taking the law into your own hands. It's like booby trapping something with a bomb on land that would be trespassing. Yes they shouldn't be trespassing, but losing a leg is a disproportionate result.

Not saying drinking laxatives or **** or something unpleasant isn't a fair comeuppance, but the principle remains that you don't get to decide how to take revenge for someone stealing from you, the justice system does.

Caporegime
It's because it's taking the law into your own hands. It's like booby trapping something with a bomb on land that would be trespassing. Yes they shouldn't be trespassing, but losing a leg is a disproportionate result.

Not saying drinking laxatives or **** or something unpleasant isn't a fair comeuppance, but the principle remains that you don't get to decide how to take revenge for someone stealing from you, the justice system does.

That's his point, if he has his medication in the fridge, and someone else drank it, how is that his fault?

I had to take laxatives at work once (true story) god forbid someone stole them!

Soldato

I know what you're saying, but what if the OP simply says it's his drink and he didn't think anyone would steal it? It's like the postman sticking his hand in my letterbox and getting his hand bit off by the rottweiler

Caporegime
I know what you're saying, but what if the OP simply says it's his drink and he didn't think anyone would steal it? It's like the postman sticking his hand in my letterbox and getting his hand bit off by the rottweiler

I believe you can technically get fined because you haven't made adequate adjustments so that anyone sticking their hand in your letter box doesn't get bitten by a dog...

Soldato
That's his point, if he has his medication in the fridge, and someone else drank it, how is that his fault?

I had to take laxatives at work once (true story) god forbid someone stole them!

It would need to be very clearly labelled that it is his and that it contains medication that may be dangerous to other people if drank - he would have a duty of care to not put anyone at risk. Not doing so would be gross misconduct.

Soldato
People are always pinching my milk despite it being in a bag tied up. The company provide uht milk but I buy my own so now i take the label off the bottle and put a note on that it is special hormone milk and shouldn't be consumed by just anyone. So far so good!

Soldato
I want to get the •••• back. he moans people use this tools but he has no problem using other people’s tools, so something needs to be done.

NO!!!!!

Vengeance is wrong. Inflicting suffering is wrong.
This thief is clearly from a broken background and was given corporal punishment by his teachers and his parents. Probably beaten and abused as a child as well. This theft is the result of his hateful upbringing.
Hate begets hate, OP.

Show him love.
Arrange for a psychological intervention to establish why he is being so disobedient and agree a way forward.....

Back
Top Bottom