Steam link gaming thread.

Caporegime
OP
I got the stream link today, and am about to go out and buy some controllers.

I want to be able to play FIFA on my PC, via streamlink downstairs.

However, I want to be able to play with 2 controllers for multiplayer purposes ( so me and my brother can both play ). I would like both controllers to be wireless/Bluetooth.

Does anyone know what controllers I should buy that will work as I need them to ?

2 controllers - 1 steam link - multiplayer via Bluetooth/wireless.

tks

I want this for some Mortal Kombat with my nephew :p

2 x PS3 controllers...

Anyone know what the gyro is like on the steam controller?

Soldato
I got the stream link today, and am about to go out and buy some controllers.

I want to be able to play FIFA on my PC, via streamlink downstairs.

However, I want to be able to play with 2 controllers for multiplayer purposes ( so me and my brother can both play ). I would like both controllers to be wireless/Bluetooth.

Does anyone know what controllers I should buy that will work as I need them to ?

2 controllers - 1 steam link - multiplayer via Bluetooth/wireless.

tks

http://steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_compatible_controllers_with_Steam_Link

Associate
Waiting on mine to arrive, I have a Xbox One Wired controller already so will just use that. I used to actually move my pc into the living room for the odd game so this makes a convenient replacement :)

Associate
Mine arrived today, Ordered Monday not a bad turn around :) and works a charm with my dodgy wireless receiver which normally never works first time on my PC.

Caporegime
Just played the Sega Master Collection and it was stuttery and then smooth, and then the same again, pretty much unplayable at times. Doom worked brilliantly and was very playable. Going to try non steam games now..

Oh and Skyrim didn't work but it is set in the ini file to my desktop

Soldato
I first bought the link when it first came out and sold it because it was so finicky and required constant trips to the pc to resolve constant annoying issues so i sold it.

Bought it in the steam sale as i thought it might have improved...NOPE. This thing is just a pain...im constantly having to re sync my xbox one s controller...when i do it works perfectly well on the menu, go to load a game and well it just wont do anything in that actual game...or sometimes it will depending on its mood. Will it load rocketleague in big picture? Nope...will it load south park? Nah

I love the idea but its just not quite there yet.

Soldato
My two items are still showing as unshipped, with the controller + case showing as out of stock, yet Game have taken my CC payment.

Any idea whether this means I'll eventually receive them?

If the order is not cancelled then I expect it will be on backorder for when new stock received. It is not like it is an end of line item.

Best off asking the retailer for the exact answer :D

Soldato
If the order is not cancelled then I expect it will be on backorder for when new stock received. It is not like it is an end of line item.

Best off asking the retailer for the exact answer :D

I tried yesterday, was on hold on the phone for 10 minutes odd before I gave up. Tried their online chat, got on fairly quick, when I opened up another page to copy the o/n it lost the chat window. Great. Went back and I was in queue of 59.

I'll try again next week but I ain't holding my breath .

Soldato
PS4 controllers work great with it
360 controller works great but needs ugly dongle
Wii U Pro controller works nicely apart from the buttons are the wrong way around

2 controllers at once works fine. Had a good Mortal Kombat session with the neighbour. I used PS4 pad (so won easily), he used 360 pad. :D

ryu

ryu

Associate
Received mine today and was impressed with how everything worked straight away including connecting a wired Playstation 3 pad.

There was 2x Steam games out of about 15 that I tried that would not work. I also tried adding a few Non Steam games into Steam and these were hit and miss on whether they worked or not. For example I tried Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 that are Origin based and Witcher 3 from GOG all of these had Sound but no image. Various other games worked flawlessly.

Are there certain games that are just incompatible or are there Steam settings / game resolution settings that need playing around with?

My PC monitor is 1440P with all games being set to this resolution and my TV is 1080P but most displayed fine.

Back
Top Bottom