Stickman 2: Return of the YOLO...

Man of Honour
OP
Bro were you one of the guys when I was in the gym the other night doing every form of curl I thought was possible and even some I didn't?

The pump was big enough to create a singularity, which might have produced a duplicate version of my arm session at another place in time and space...

Soldato
Sometimes I like to hit biceps 3 or 4 times a week just so I've really stimulated some growth. Anything less and you may as well call yourself one of those phaggoty "natural" athletes.

Man of Honour
OP
I thought I felt the vernal equinox coming early but r must have been your arms session

I think so. Notice how the weather changes, too?

Sometimes I like to hit biceps 3 or 4 times a week just so I've really stimulated some growth. Anything less and you may as well call yourself one of those phaggoty "natural" athletes.

The gym I now have in the office is full of cable machines, so arms are the only thing worth bothering with. Every day. BUT I occasionally use creatine, so have no excuse, as am not natty... :(

Yesterday I did:

SEATED OHP (10) 40-45-45-45 Accidental two minute rests make this pressing stuff a LT easier...
PUSH-UP (10) BW(12)-10-10-10
DELTSUNTRIZE

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
So humid this evening... The workout was not fun.

2*POWER CLEAN > CLEAN 60-80-80 Ooooh. Cleaning without pain. Nice change. :)
BACK SQUAT (6) 105-105-105-105 Such a grind. Ouch.
DBSS (10) BW-BW Coccyx started hurting again. :(
SG RDL (10) 100-100

So hot and unpleasant... Sliding all over the place.

Man of Honour
OP
Urgh... Very slow this evening.

BACK SQUAT (6) 107.5-107.5-107.5-107.5 Not too bad; and easier than last time...
SNATCH HIGH PULL (5) 100-100-100
MUSCLE SNATCH (10) 30-40-40

Over the past three days, I have started consciously eating more and it is funny how quickly old routines reemerge: I had substantially more to eat on Thursday and Friday than normal and - amusingly - I was even hungrier at the end of each day. Yes.

Winter is coming. So is the bulk. :cool:

Oh, I also used a load of cable machines at work for some back (rows, cable rows, arms, high rows, arms, pulldowns, arms and some moar arms)...

Associate
Over the past three days, I have started consciously eating more and it is funny how quickly old routines reemerge: I had substantially more to eat on Thursday and Friday than normal and - amusingly - I was even hungrier at the end of each day. Yes.

Winter is coming. So is the bulk. :cool:

Snap - I spent a year eating 1,900 calories per day and didn't feel hungry too often. I'm now eating 3,000 calories per day and hungry all the time :D It makes no sense.

Man of Honour
OP
Weird day, today: started off in the home gym; finished up in the nice work gym...

PUSH-UP (10) BW-10-20-20-20
DUMBELL OHP (10) 14-20-20-20
TRISEPZUNDELTS...

A bit random,m but felt awesome. Lots of bike riding (for me), too (5 miles :D)!

Man of Honour
OP
BACK SQUAT (6) 112.5-112.5-112.5-112.5 Oooft. Triples next time around...
STRICT PRESS (10) 40-40-45-45
PUSH-UP (10) BW-10-15 Triceps were smoked, and didn't want to push anything.

We shall see what tomorrow brings...

Man of Honour
OP
Very quick session this evening...

POWER CLEAN (3) 60-80-80-80
SNATCH HIGH OULL (10) 100-100-100
SAR (10) 20-20-20 I do these like a t-bar row, but one handed. No idea what I am actually lifting, but there was 20kg loaded on the bar...

Big pump; smoked traps and lats. Happy with that. :)

Man of Honour
OP
I need to try some power cleans and high pulls, are they easy to get the technique to a "safe" standard?

Well that depends... :)

Are they easy to get to a safe standard? Yes. Are they easy to get to a useful standard? Not quite so much: most people will do a bad SLDL off the ground and then a fast upright row to front rack... And then post the video on instagram with something catchy as a tag line.

That is "safe" (aside from the upright row bit), but not very useful for neuro/muscular gains. Same for a snatch pull: only this time the bar will wander all over the place because most people can't pin the bar back properly... :)

Find a coach or a Crossfit gym where the coaches are accredited to the British Weightlifting certification and get some 1-1 time.

Soldato
Find a coach or a Crossfit gym where the coaches are accredited to the British Weightlifting certification and get some 1-1 time.

No.

:p

I do know just the guy who would be perfect to get some 1-1 time with, no homo, although I believe he may have just moved to the UK to head to Uni. Pretty sure he has British Weightlifting certification, and recently competed in the SWWO. He'll probably be back around Christmas, I'll make contact.

Man of Honour
OP
No.

:p

I do know just the guy who would be perfect to get some 1-1 time with, no homo, although I believe he may have just moved to the UK to head to Uni. Pretty sure he has British Weightlifting certification, and recently competed in the SWWO. He'll probably be back around Christmas, I'll make contact.

*chuckles*

It depends what you want, I guess. It is perfectly possible to teach yourself off the back of YouTube videos, but you will definitely need somebody to watch you and cue you for lifting.

Man of Honour
OP
I have noticed that not doing Pendlay or regular barbell rows is really detrimental to snatch/clean work, so moar were needed...

SNATCH (3) 60-60-65-65 First time in around 8/9 months. And felt awesome; very easy. But very slow!
DEADLIFT (5-5-4-3-3) 120-150-150-150-150 Urgh.
PENDLAY ROW (8) 80-80(10)-80(10) Felt good, so my counting sucked.

Tomorrow will be guns. All of them.

Back
Top Bottom