Street Fighter 6 coming with "immersive" single player mode (2023)

Soldato
Not going to please everyone I guess. They released SFV with that mindset and everyone complained.

All the mini games and running around is from the World Tour mode which is the singleplayer element of game. Look pretty fun and should be worth a play through. Also looks like it is geared towards casuals and will help them learn how to play the game which is a good thing imo
yeah all fair points, I guess as per everyone else I am going from a trailer and nothing more. if the gameplay experience is good it might be better than the impression it personally gives me atm :)

Associate
The character and level design looks good but I spent a high percentage of that trailer wondering if it was a mini-game compilation that had a fighting game bit in it....

Street fighter doesn't need to have all this tat tacked on, just make it play like a proper SF!

I'm pretty sure all the mini-games are actually for the benefit for newer players, to train their timing for things like parrying (basketball game) and so on.

This is one of the most recognisable video game franchises ever, and is pretty much the face of fighting games in general, with a huge history of arcade culture, tournaments, esports and all the rest of it, with high expectations riding on it. There's absolutely zero chance they're going to push aside the core Street Fighter experience (1v1 with their actual characters) for the sake of casual mini-games.

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
I'm pretty sure all the mini-games are actually for the benefit for newer players, to train their timing for things like parrying (basketball game) and so on.

This is one of the most recognisable video game franchises ever, and is pretty much the face of fighting games in general, with a huge history of arcade culture, tournaments, esports and all the rest of it, with high expectations riding on it. There's absolutely zero chance they're going to push aside the core Street Fighter experience (1v1 with their actual characters) for the sake of casual mini-games.

Yeah exactly, the core fighting experiance already very polished, the previous beta felt as though the game could release much sooner than 2nd June.

Soldato
So second beta was practically the same as the first. Nothing wrong with that really, I guess they just wanted to test the servers will additional load from increased player count. Didn't get chance to play as much as I would have like but managed to get a good few hours in. Game is still very fun and netcode is holding up very well. Played some games with a guy from Canada, played really great. Would have been on lag fest on SFV!

Soldato

£36.49 here. Needs to be under £30 and it will get a day one purchase from me. Will keep an eye out :)

Not a bad price tbf. Games releasing under £30, even on places like cdkeys seem to be coming few and far between :(

Soldato
Latest trailer released showing Zangief, Lily and Cammy. All three look great but Cammy in particular :eek:;) One of her supers looks to be a reference to the SF Animated movie were she kills the senator. Awesome stuff :D. Zangief looks more like a wrestler than ever before and Lily just looks fun.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Latest trailer released showing Zangief, Lily and Cammy. All three look great but Cammy in particular :eek:;) One of her supers looks to be a reference to the SF Animated movie were she kills the senator. Awesome stuff :D. Zangief looks more like a wrestler than ever before and Lily just looks fun.

Yeah, she looks yummy :p:D

I think I am going to preorder this one too. Will just wait a bit closer to the time and hope there is a nice cashback offer or something brining the price closer to £30.

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom