Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Man of Honour
So we appear to be in for James Maddison.

£60m seems a lot, I know he's been good, but can he be an elite player?

Soldato
Google it? Its all over the internet.

Absolutely mad amount of money for someone who hasn't exactly set the league alight.

Perfect United signing then tbf.

Soldato
Seen the rumours but not sure how valid they are.

British player who had a decent season in a mid table team....yeah I can see a top team being rinced for him (or at least potentially)

If young Portuguese kids are going for the same kind of money.....buying a slightly more experienced brit for the same money is a better bet (undeniably still silly money mind you)

Jones / Smalling would have gone for 40-50m if Utd were buying them today instead of 10 years ago - probably more

Caporegime
How hard is it to post the damn source?

If you google it you just get a bunch of aggregators. As far as I can see the source is the Daily Record....who the **** are they?

Honestly we've been linked with like 150 players already this window.

Man of Honour
I'm sure they want him, but they can't remotely afford him.

They could if players were included as part of the deal. I've seen Dybala and Sandro mentioned, would be pretty complex though and very rarely happens.

The reality is, if Pogba wants to leave, there's no point keeping him. Amazing ability, but most of the time he plays like a luxury player.

Caporegime
OP
Apparently a couple of the big Chinese clubs are after Auba and are offering around £80m. Salary wise, they are talking £300k pw. Can’t see Arsenal turning down £80m for a 30 year old. Think of how many shiny new executive boxes that could pay for in Stans new stadium.

Caporegime
Moreno and Sturridge leaving Liverpool as expected.

Sad to see what's become of Sturridge with injuries but he was a fantastic player for us for two years and I'm glad to see him leave on a high.

Would expect to see us buy cover for Robertson but there's talk of Brewster being kept at the club rather than loaned out next season so he might now become a squad player for us.

Don
For 18-24 months Sturridge was phenomenal for us and it's such a shame that his body let him down. He's not actually been injured much in the last couple of years but all those injuries have meant that his body just isn't capable of playing week in week out at the highest level and certainly not for a manager that demands so much physically from his players. A side that isn't playing 50+ games per season and isn't going to ask their centre forward to run his *******s off is going to get a very useful player though because we've seen in spells over the last couple of years that the ability is still there.

On Moreno, there's never been a Liverpool player that's enraged me as much as him but I think I'll even miss that lunatic too. Maybe not for the crazy challenges and stupid things he does on the pitch but by all accounts he was great to have in the dressing room and I'll miss the twitter & instagram clips of him doing something stupid. If there was ever a picture that summed up a person it's this picture of Moreno:

DD98bbYXkAEpGSJ.jpg:large

Would expect to see us buy cover for Robertson but there's talk of Brewster being kept at the club rather than loaned out next season so he might now become a squad player for us.
A fullback and a forward I think are certainties this summer. Any other transfers I suspect will depend on specific players becoming available and or the futures players like Lallana & Mignolet.

Back
Top Bottom