Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Man of Honour
Celso looks very much on apparently.

Real Betis coach - "I have peace of mind that, if he has to leave, hopefully not, that money will be invested in improving the squad.”

Take that what you will.. Looks a very good signing if he can fit straight into PL life and doesn't take a diversion to Chelsea on the way out of the medical room... Oh wait. :D

Man of Honour
Manchester United are interested in signing Issa Diop and willing to pay £45m plus a player for the West Ham defender, Sky Sports News understands.

We're in for Tielemans too, and Longstaff. Not necessarily the most exciting signings, but solid players who can improve. We need people who will give 100% for a start.

Caporegime
Seriously, stop listening to Sky.

Also who says we're in for Longstaff? Last I heard we weren't in for him.

I think Tielemans would be a good signing, I've wanted him since we played him when he was at Anderlecht. He's a Utd fan too I believe. It sounds to me that he might not be our No.1 target though so possibly it depends on what happens with other targets.

Man of Honour
I'm not saying Sky are great, but they will have some sources.

Longstaff has been mentioned by quite a few places (including Sky :p), not sure how solid the links are.

Agree on Tielemans.

Caporegime
Sky used to be great, but for the last 3/4 years they've been atrocious. No better than every other news aggregator. They have a couple of good journalists that do work for them but it's best to just check their twitters to avoid the trash.

Man of Honour
“Like you said, there is a lot of talking and a lot of thinking as well,” Pogba, 26, said. “For me I have been for three years in Manchester and have been doing great; some good moments and some bad moments, like everybody. Like everywhere else.

“After this season and everything that happened this season, with my season being my best season as well ... I think for me it could be a good time to have a new challenge somewhere else. I am thinking of this: to have a new challenge somewhere else.”

Pogba on the move?

Soldato
He’s a joke. Get him out.

Apart from the underlying issues, he’s partly to blame for downing tools and us losing CL qualification. Now he wants out. Absolute joke.

Soldato
Can't blame him for wanting to go really, he deserves to be at a top club right now. And 'fans' who blame everything on him, no wonder he wants to move.

I can’t blame everything on him, but his attitude stinks. He’s in an extremely privileged position yet has been very seldom the example he should be.

Man of Honour
All the talent with a dodgy attitude. He’s far from blameless, we’re stuffed though if he’s trying to force his way out with Raiola. Hope we can get a lot of £££ at least.

Man of Honour
Almost snorted when I read that he said “it’s gone great, this has been my best year yet”

Great? No need to be polite, and if he genuinely believes that then ell oh ell. As for his best season yet? Hardly difficult given the other two.

I used to love the guy and when Mourinho left, I was ecstatic he was playing so well. I thought he’d finally turned a corner but after a few games his horrid attitude came back and he just became a joke again. He’s a joke of a man more interested in fame than football.

Soldato
Almost snorted when I read that he said “it’s gone great, this has been my best year yet”

Great? No need to be polite, and if he genuinely believes that then ell oh ell. As for his best season yet? Hardly difficult given the other two.

I used to love the guy and when Mourinho left, I was ecstatic he was playing so well. I thought he’d finally turned a corner but after a few games his horrid attitude came back and he just became a joke again. He’s a joke of a man more interested in fame than football.
Spot on my feelings exactly

Don
Difficult to see how Pogba leaves. Given what Utd paid and the way fees have gone since, Utd are going to want huge money and any buying club are going to find it hard to justify paying that sort of money.

Soldato
Can't blame him for wanting to go really, he deserves to be at a top club right now. And 'fans' who blame everything on him, no wonder he wants to move.
Utd fans are right to want rid. His attitude stinks even the way he is going about wanting out is pathetic.

Utd have players that's been worse than him granted but considering what you paid and how he has been isn't even close to what he should be doing in the prem.

Most over rated player in the league imo

Soldato
I wouldn't be too bothered if Pogba leaves so long as United get a decent profit for him. As Baz says, fees have moved on since United signed him, so I can see them demanding £130-150m for him.

Soldato
I wouldn't be too bothered if Pogba leaves so long as United get a decent profit for him. As Baz says, fees have moved on since United signed him, so I can see them demanding £130-150m for him.

Fees have moved on, but pogbas form has only dropped. Plus the fact he was way overpriced to start with. I think if United get most of their money back they are doing well.

Soldato
Fees have moved on, but pogbas form has only dropped. Plus the fact he was way overpriced to start with. I think if United get most of their money back they are doing well.

I agree that Pogba hasn't hit the heights United fans would have hoped, but there's no way he'd only go for what United paid. He's got two years left on his contract and United don't want to sell. Whether Pogba is actually worth £130-150m is irrelevant, if that's what United value him at then that's how much he's going to cost if someone wants to buy him.

Back
Top Bottom