Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Caporegime
Newcastle really are run appallingly. They will go down this season. Rafa is the only thing that has kept them in the premiership last couple of years.

They'd have been better off giving Rafa that 40m they just spent on some unknown striker who's never scored more than a handful of goals in a poor league.

I think this was simply a knee jerk reaction from Ashley after realizing they made a monumental mess up of letting Benitez go. Spend some money on someone quick before the fans revolt. I always thought Ashley was somewhat business savvy as he has done okay for himself really but has no clue or just has too much of an ego to run a football club.

Associate
I think this was simply a knee jerk reaction from Ashley after realizing they made a monumental mess up of letting Benitez go. Spend some money on someone quick before the fans revolt. I always thought Ashley was somewhat business savvy as he has done okay for himself really but has no clue or just has too much of an ego to run a football club.

This Joelinton transfer has been in the works since January-ish, Rafa would have gotten him if he stayed, but Rafa's issue was more about the lack of spending throughout the infrastructure of the club and not having total control of his transfers.

Soldato
Just over 2 weeks of the Transfer Window to go and we've made two signings...

A "Worst Case Scenario" Goalkeeper for Free who was part of the squad that lost 6-2 to BARNET...

And our year long loanee, Jordan Ayew - Who played 20 games for us and scored ONE GOAL.

It's been a while since I've been so nervous about an upcoming season...

If we end up losing Zaha too - We're ****** :p I hope they have some more plans than just these two transfers!

Soldato
Trouble is we have 6 that all want to play.

Sokratis, Koscielny, Holding, Chambers, Mustafi, Mavropanos.

Koscielny might end up going, Mustafi is probably there until his contract runs out.

Man of Honour
Sokratis and Holding are still my favoured pair, even if papa is a little nuts at times.

Half those names are going to be gone in the next couple of seasons, we need a Van Dijk type player who's just starting to hit their peak. We have enough promising academy players coming through for our midfield/attack, focus on the Tierny deal and spend the rest on a CB!

Caporegime
I'm really struggling to understand the point you're making. Is it that at some point, some good players played in the SPL? I'm sure I could make a list of top class players that began their career in Croatia too - does that make the top division in Croatian football a top league too?

Put it this way Robertson when he played up here was nothing special. In fact the team he played in got battered 5-0 regularly. He never stood out. Whereas van dijk stood out a mile. Tierney is the same stands out a mile.

People who don't watch Scottish football commentating on it is funny. Robertson was a whipping boy up here who showed nothing special to warrant a move to a big club up here. Its actually extremely rare he made it as he didn't look good at all.

Don
So Robertson, over 5 years ago when he was a teenager, not looking special is some sort of proof that the SPL is a top league and Tierney is better than him? Seems a bit of a jump if you ask me, especially when Robertson has been made Scotland captain and picked at LB over Tierney iinm.

Back
Top Bottom